£9.4 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you expect, most of the money made in this country is down south, so it makes sense that that's where most investment goes.

The north east contributes practically fuck all to the countries finances.

Think about a business, you're going to invest your money where you'll get the most return. The country is a business, and in business there's no room for clingons like the north east.

What an utterly f***ing ridiculous thing to say.

So the North East is a failing business, let's board it up and all move South.

What an utterly f***ing ridiculous thing to say.

So the North East is a failing business, let's board it up and all move South.

It's not a ridiculous thing to say at all.

Compared to other parts of the country, the North East contributes next to fuck all financially.

Other areas of the country have the added benefit that location wise they're close to other cities, so they attract business that the north east probably couldn't, as a result we get dealt the shit that just want cheap labour. Take Birmingham as an example, it's practically smack bang in the middle of the country, it's within almost 2 hours of every major city in the country. In the north east, we're out in the sticks miles away from anything.

EDIT: Birmingham maybe isn't the best example, but you get the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compared to other parts of the country, the North East contributes next to fuck all financially.

Let's write it off completely and put no investment into it whatsoever.

:roll:

When you moving to London then?

Distance should mean fuck all in todays technology driven world.

Let's write it off completely and put no investment into it whatsoever.

:roll:

When you moving to London then?

I'm not saying write it off completely. But you can understand why other parts of the country see more investment than us, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying write it off completely. But you can understand why other parts of the country see more investment than us, that's all I'm saying.

Just because something is already there isn't a reason to continually invest in the same places. Poor argument.

To widen the gulf?

No, because more people benefit from the investment further down the country as it's more densely populated.

I know someone that has an office in Hartlepool, he's moving to a new office in Durham because it'll probably get him more business. It sounds better and it's within easier reach of more people.

If you were a business, would you rather setup in Sunderland, miles away from anyone else, where nee fucker has any money and where you'll probably have to charge less for your services. Or, would you move to somewhere like Manchester, where you're within close reach of a fair few other majors cities, can probably charge more and have a much wider catchment area.

I've not read the whole thing so sorry if already answered but why Sheffield? It's not exactly a hot bed of economic activity screaming out for faster passenger and freight trains.

Just because something is already there isn't a reason to continually invest in the same places. Poor argument.

Yes it does.

You invest your money where you're going to get the biggest return.

It's quite a good reason, but it's not a reason not to invest elsewhere.

But that's the point, the north east is seeing some of the investment, but to some on here that's not good enough and it's unfair that the south of the country is getting the majority of the investment.

There's a reason why they're getting more investment.

It's quite a good reason, but it's not a reason not to invest elsewhere.

No it's not Mr Bad Jumpers ;)

There are plenty of shite things down south that have continually received investment - investment that could have went on helping kick start other parts of the country.

Other areas of the country have the added benefit that location wise they're close to other cities, so they attract business that the north east probably couldn't, as a result we get dealt the shit that just want cheap labour. Take Birmingham as an example, it's practically smack bang in the middle of the country, it's within almost 2 hours of every major city in the country. In the north east, we're out in the sticks miles away from anything.

EDIT: Birmingham maybe isn't the best example, but you get the picture.

South Yorkshire at a guess isn't contributing a fecking thing.

Yes it does.

You invest your money where you're going to get the biggest return.

But that's the point, the north east is seeing some of the investment, but to some on here that's not good enough and it's unfair that the south of the country is getting the majority of the investment.

There's a reason why they're getting more investment.

Stop digging man.
You joined this thread to have a pop at me, now you are getting deeper and deeper.

Look what you've started :lol:

Yep, not gonna bother now on. Although my first head to head with Bongo was a convincing victory for me

not sure what ned is suggesting but from my point of view and i agree with what you said above, this is a nation innfrastructure and it can only be a good thing for the NE as a whole. it's connected to scotland and the south via some choddy E coast mainline and this can only be a good thing for NE. it mgiht not be getting all of the 3-4bn but at least it's a start.

Stop digging man.
You joined this thread to have a pop at me, now you are getting deeper and deeper.

Yep, not gonna bother now on. Although my first head to head with Bongo was a convincing victory for me

How am I getting deeper and deeper?

The fact is, the further north you get the less it contributes towards the countries GDP. The north east make the lowest contribution out of the different regions of the country, that's absolute f***ing fact and I reckon one of the reasons why the government don't bother with us so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back