£1BILLION vision for Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEY HAVEN'T CLAIMED THAT AT ALL YOU FUCKWIT
Take it up with the person who posted it not me. All I'm doing is quoting people who are simply not convinced. No point shouting on a message board, people seemingly simply dont think this will happen and that ths is prompted because of the up and coming election. Maybe shitting bricks because UKIP are a presence now?

Take it up with the person who posted it not me. All I'm doing is quoting people who are simply not convinced. No point shouting on a message board, people seemingly simply dont think this will happen and that ths is prompted because of the up and coming election. Maybe shitting bricks because UKIP are a presence now?
Lets be honest, a UKIP council would have no pulling power for credible business people whatsoever.

Is £750million of investment, a tall ships race and a city culture bid to be sniffed at like?

Cross your heart hope to die Boris.....! but do you honestly think that owt will happen to benefit Sunderland, as reported in the article...? Are you really that blind as to what Sunderland council actually achieve for this city?

Look at the state of Sunderland man FFS......... :rolleyes: the city centre is a shambles (council to blame) from shops to pubs and restaurants....! all new builds they approve, look like something built out of cheap Lego, ugly to say the least.

They fight for the scraps from other cities dinner tables... Have you not sat down and thought, why do people from Sunderland prefer to go through to Newcastle for shopping and entertainment.... :rolleyes:

After reading plenty of nostalgic books on Sunderland, it upsets me and makes me angry in equal measure when I walk around knowing what was there before. Hitler has got nowt on Sunderland council for destruction.

I love my home town, but we are an embarrassment both regionally and nationally, yet I find it frightening that other Sunderland natives are incapable of seeing what a shower of sh1t the custodians of our city are.

Labour OUT! Tories DO ONE!

I like you Boris but..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually there's loads happening in Sunderland right now

The whole sea front is being redeveloped, the Keel Square development, there's groundwork seemingly taking place where the new bridge is being built, the university stuff down Holmeside, the hotels down by the SOL and the new Premier Inn, on top of stuff that's already been done like the aquatic centre, St Peters campus, glass centre and so on.

I can't honestly remember this much happening in one go in the last 15-20 years. Yes it's been starved of funding before but to laugh at the idea that nothing is happening now just looks a bit silly really.

Cross your heart hope to die Boris.....! but do you honestly think that owt will happen to benefit Sunderland, as reported in the article...? Are you really that blind as to what Sunderland council actually achieve for this city?

Look at the state of Sunderland man FFS......... :rolleyes: the city centre is a shambles (council to blame) from shops to pubs and restaurants....! all new builds they approve, look like something built out of cheap Lego, ugly to say the least.

They fight for the scraps from other cities dinner tables... Have you not sat down and thought, why do people from Sunderland prefer to go through to Newcastle for shopping and entertainment.... :rolleyes:

After reading plenty of nostalgic books on Sunderland, it upsets me and makes me angry in equal measure when I walk around knowing what was there before. Hitler has got nowt on Sunderland council for destruction.

I love my home town, but we are an embarrassment both regionally and nationally, yet I find it frightening that other Sunderland natives are incapable of seeing what a shower of sh1t the custodians of our city are.

Labour OUT! Tories DO ONE!

Are your eyes shut? Do you not see the building work?

Actually there's loads happening in Sunderland right now

The whole sea front is being redeveloped, the Keel Square development, there's groundwork seemingly taking place where the new bridge is being built, the university stuff down Holmeside, the hotels down by the SOL and the new Premier Inn, on top of stuff that's already been done like the aquatic centre, St Peters campus, glass centre and so on.

The sea front looks a right pigs ear, The Keel square development is merely to try to hide the embarrassment of the Vaux site, remind me why we need a new bridge?, The University stuff has f*ck all to do with the council (though I'm sure they will try to take the credit), Hotels Hotels Hotels please tell me how they are going to be sustained?, Aquatic centre is looking run down already, St. Peters is again a University venture, Glass centre had to be bought out by the University to stay in existence...

Logon or register to see this image

:lol:

The sea front looks a right pigs ear, The Keel square development is merely to try to hide the embarrassment of the Vaux site, remind me why we need a new bridge?, The University stuff has f*ck all to do with the council (though I'm sure they will try to take the credit), Hotels Hotels Hotels please tell me how they are going to be sustained?, Aquatic centre is looking run down already, St. Peters is again a University venture, Glass centre had to be bought out by the University to stay in existence...

Don't worry though, they'll still vote Labour "cos their Dar did" ;)

So you have noticed it then....it's just not to your taste

It's called infrastructure. You can't attract new business if you don't have the facilities to cater for them. And as for the pigs ear - you are aware it's not actually finished yet? That's why it looks like a building site. Because it is one.

You seem hellbent on criticising the council for doing all of this work so you must have a better idea for what to do instead, presumably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back