£1BILLION vision for Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunderland needs more public lavatories. When the Bridges is closed on a night it is not always convenient to try and discreetly nip into a pub for a jimmy riddle without buying a drink.

I remember John Lowery comming in to save Sliksworth Cricket club (he was part of an influential organisation we were told, nudge nudge wink wink, allegedly), we were told we needed to raise 40k as an incentive to show that we were dedicated to the whole project as a small investment sum and not just after handouts, we did it, fund raising donations, sponsored football and cricket matches, 12 months, but we did it.

We were told a top architect had been hired to draw up the plans and with big John behind our cause what could go wrong?

The vision we weer being fed was that a new state of the art pavillion and cricket club would be build opposite Siansburies and a bid had gon in and was being considered.

Then, all the money raised was gone, the bid failed and the money went on the campaign drive including architechs fees.

Quote me if you want, or ask Bruce Tampleton, Ronnie Horton, Brenda Watson, wife of the then chairman, the late Ronnie Watson.

Money and power breeds corruption.

Sunderland needs more public lavatories. When the Bridges is closed on a night it is not always convenient to try and discreetly nip into a pub for a jimmy riddle without buying a drink.

This is key thing that is holding Sunderland back as city and should be addressed immediately.

I'd love to think this will happen but can't see it while Labour are in charge, there'll always be a reason why plans are on hold/delayed. Come 2024 they'll still be in charge and they'll be selling the same BS how Sunderland will be on the map by 2035.

Oh great, someone's designed new posters!
As for the "waterfront city centre".....

Citizens of Shields, it is now safe to remove your safety goggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back