£1BILLION vision for Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's called infrastructure. You can't attract new business if you don't have the facilities to cater for them. And as for the pigs ear - you are aware it's not actually finished yet? That's why it looks like a building site. Because it is one.

You seem hellbent on criticising the council for doing all of this work so you must have a better idea for what to do instead, presumably?
Sensible post deleted.

Another blueprint, gerrin!

Should complement the Holmeside/Bermuda Triangle development, the Vaux site and the thriving Cultural Quarter perfectly.

It's called infrastructure. You can't attract new business if you don't have the facilities to cater for them. And as for the pigs ear - you are aware it's not actually finished yet? That's why it looks like a building site. Because it is one.

You seem hellbent on criticising the council for doing all of this work so you must have a better idea for what to do instead, presumably?

I'm sick of been spoon fed sh1te propaganda by them and seeing that smug little tw@ts face in the echo grinning next to his latest Lego model he knocked up that morning....

Yes I have a few ideas, I even considered approaching the council leader at one point (at one of his surgeries) to voice both my concern about Sunderland and pass forward my ideas. Thought better of it in the the end, I realised that they don't really think about what's in the best interest of Sunderland, it's all about them!

UKIP won't get elected and wouldn't have a f***ing clue if they did. Just check their candidate list - they're nearly all demented. I'm all for changing the structure of politics but this isn't the answer.

All in your opinion of course!

I'm sick of been spoon fed sh1te propaganda by them and seeing that smug little tw@ts face in the echo grinning next to his latest Lego model he knocked up that morning....

Yes I have a few ideas, I even considered approaching the council leader at one point (at one of his surgeries) to voice both my concern about Sunderland and pass forward my ideas. Thought better of it in the the end, I realised that they don't really think about what's in the best interest of Sunderland, it's all about them!
I'll go along with you. If you want to get a point across then let's do it.

What kind of ideas marra.....be interested to hear them.....mebbes even get them on kickstarter?

UKIP won't get elected and wouldn't have a f***ing clue if they did. Just check their candidate list - they're nearly all demented. I'm all for changing the structure of politics but this isn't the answer.

Well you want to hope they don't. That being said I'd strongly urge anyone to vote and vote for anyone but Labour.

I'll dig out my list I put together this weekend... just so you can crucify them! ;)
There should be a forum to get ideas from residents. What tends to happen is they will have an 'address the people' type meeting every couple of years to share their plans, with no intention of acting on any feedback

It's really encouraging. It's really vital Sunderland stops trying to compete with Newcastle and develop a vision for itself that is different and this is what is being suggested. I totally understand the cynicism but I really feel quite optimistic about the future of Sunderland after 30 odd years of degeneration, disappointment and lack of leadership.

It's really encouraging. It's really vital Sunderland stops trying to compete with Newcastle and develop a vision for itself that is different and this is what is being suggested. I totally understand the cynicism but I really feel quite optimistic about the future of Sunderland after 30 odd years of degeneration, disappointment and lack of leadership.

There is nothing in Newcastle to match the potential of our sea front....particularly the large piece of land at Seaburn

I'll dig out my list I put together this weekend... just so you can crucify them! ;)
Seriously? Don't worry about people on here bothering you if you have some good ideas. You will need to put them out there though.

Very true like
It's git easy to pull something apart. It takes a bit of effort to build something,

Sunderland will always be a bit rough but let's see if anyone has any positive ideas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back