£1BILLION vision for Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to see sunderland progress and change.

I love my hometown I want it to be better. I'm happy for anyone to make it better and shouldn't spite Labour's progress just for the sake of them "being labour" because I don't like the party.

We're seeing a lot, experiencing a lot, but only time will tell how successful it all is.

some of the pics from Skyscraper city

Logon or register to see this image

I think it looks fantastic. Once Vaux is finished. I'm pretty confident that this will evolve to become the new "centre" of Sunderland as a city.

A symbol of our pride, our heritage and tradition.

Seriously? Don't worry about people on here bothering you if you have some good ideas. You will need to put them out there though.

It's git easy to pull something apart. It takes a bit of effort to build something,

Sunderland will always be a bit rough but let's see if anyone has any positive ideas.
Students, lots of them, flood the city centre with them. Students spend money when they get it, and it's most likely to be spent in shops clubs bars restaurants around the local area, thus giving a wage to the worker etc etc etc.

In Newcastle the development seems to happen at a blistering pace and it appears aimed at students, bare in mind I haven't looked into to it much just calling what i see; influx of international students, more accomodation developed, city developed.

And somewhere for the piss heads to dance about when we win a football game.

it would be great if we actually could win a game to prove that like first

Students, lots of them, flood the city centre with them. Students spend money when they get it, and it's most likely to be spent in shops clubs bars restaurants around the local area, thus giving a wage to the worker etc etc etc.

In Newcastle the development seems to happen at a blistering pace and it appears aimed at students, bare in mind I haven't looked into to it much just calling what i see; influx of international students, more accomodation developed, city developed.

I hate to say it,

but Newcastle is in many ways (except the club and the fans in that sense) everything I aspire sunderland to be..

The article states there's already a commitment of £750m private investment so our city should really improve over the next few years.

no it doesn't

The sea front looks a right pigs ear, The Keel square development is merely to try to hide the embarrassment of the Vaux site, remind me why we need a new bridge?, The University stuff has f*ck all to do with the council (though I'm sure they will try to take the credit), Hotels Hotels Hotels please tell me how they are going to be sustained?, Aquatic centre is looking run down already, St. Peters is again a University venture, Glass centre had to be bought out by the University to stay in existence...

Much of Newcastle's regeneration have been University projects, yet many on here will still use it as an example as to why their council is better than ours.
The Hotels are private sector projects, if the companies involved didn't think they could make a profit, they wouldn't build them

Last edited:
Le Chuck post: 20065624 said:
no it doesn't

Much of Newcastle's regeneration have been University projects, yet many on here will still use it as an example as to why their council is better than ours.
The Hotels are private sector projects, if the companies involved didn't think they could make a profit, they wouldn't build them
Your last point Is valid, someone off here was trying to book hotel rooms for the derby (easter) weekend and couldn't get fixed up in Sunderland.

I just want to see sunderland progress and change.

I love my hometown I want it to be better. I'm happy for anyone to make it better and shouldn't spite Labour's progress just for the sake of them "being labour" because I don't like the party.

We're seeing a lot, experiencing a lot, but only time will tell how successful it all is.

some of the pics from Skyscraper city

I think it looks fantastic. Once Vaux is finished. I'm pretty confident that this will evolve to become the new "centre" of Sunderland as a city.

A symbol of our pride, our heritage and tradition.

It's very smart like. I'd be more than happy for them to pull down all the recently built tat and go for a more traditional style like above. Glass and chrome ages about as well Val Kilmer.

At this rate, we're going to to have to use these fountains as massive eye baths for the sandies!

Great to finally see some development in the City though. Keel square looks great and will no doubt be packed out in the summer, it'd make a canny beer garden for the Londonderry if that ever gets done out as well.

The sooner people realise the sooner things will get fixed

Tories look after their supporters

Labour know the NE vote is safe so they can case the support from others

no it doesn't
“Investment of about £750million is going to come into the city that we are aware of,” added Mr Callaghan.

It won't be coming from central government so presumably it will be private investment. Anyway, wherever the dosh is coming from, Mr.Callaghan suggests the finance is available.

“Investment of about £750million is going to come into the city that we are aware of,” added Mr Callaghan.

It won't be coming from central government so presumably it will be private investment. Anyway, wherever the dosh is coming from, Mr.Callaghan suggests the finance is available.

it includes stuff like the bridge which has come from central government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back