£100million redevelopment project gets underway in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bet there's some cracking all exes paid trips abroad to see other peoples projects

Agreed. Will be a great place. lets hope the council use it and put some good events on.

Its a shame that the pubs and shops from boulavard downwards couldnt have been bought and flattened mind.

boulevard and the one next door are earmarked to come down in the future as is the idols block

Professionals like myself work for Carillion

This will change Sunderland

Although that is nice, it doesn't really get the blood flowing in the nether regions. Surely there are better developments than that you can show us.
Really? I quite liked it:

Logon or register to see this image

They've done loads of other stuff......Terminal 5, the Olympic park/buildings, etc

Professionals like myself work for Carillion

This will change Sunderland

Oh shit.....we're fucked

£800m would sort out Vaux, Farringdon Row, Sheepfolds stonkingly. It's very positive news.

The Vaux site will be the key site, but they will also be looking at Seaburn, Chapelgarth and Holmeside, as well as the above.

Typical narrow-mindedness.

That's £800m for Carillion.....that's what they expect to make out of it. The development will cost much more

They've done loads of other stuff......Terminal 5, the Olympic park/buildings, etc

Oh shit.....we're fucked

That's £800m for Carillion.....that's what they expect to make out of it. The development will cost much more
The interior looks nice, the outside though look f***ing horrendous. Looks like they've took inspiration from:

£800m would sort out Vaux, Farringdon Row, Sheepfolds stonkingly. It's very positive news.

The Vaux site will be the key site, but they will also be looking at Seaburn, Chapelgarth and Holmeside, as well as the above.

£800 million?

Oh shit.....we're fucked

Sorry mate, might have missed it and cant be arsed to read the thread again but do we have any idea what we are getting on the Vaux site..... They must have an idea of what we are getting?

bet there's some cracking all exes paid trips abroad to see other peoples projects

boulevard and the one next door are earmarked to come down in the future as is the idols block
Hadn't tealised that.

To be fair the idols building isn't that bad, and if the boozers improved they would be a canny addition to that area.

"This innovative contract, which will initially focus on the redevelopment of key sites across the City, is potentially worth up to £800 million to Carillion over the 20 year life of the regeneration programme."

So they invest £100 million and claw back £800 mil over the next 20 years?

The biggest decision that will drive the majority of new developments in Sunderland is the new Court complex. If this is given the go ahead, it will bring new construction jobs (it would be a high end major contract) and major law firms would set up in close proximity (I.e. The vaux site).

Look at Newcastles law courts and the law firms that have set up close by - Dickinson dees, ward hadaway etc. this brings people and jobs to the city centre. If another large brand then relocated to the vaux site, the rest would fall into place.

The biggest worry that I have is that Carillion are a ruthless contractor, and have terrible payment terms for the supply chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back