£100million redevelopment project gets underway in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is we will be lucky to get 50 million spent redeveloping the station never mind 850!

We'll be lucky to get 25M for the station, but also need to use the hidden platform, apart from giving it another much needed platform will open the station up and not feel so closterphobic, and then there's the shitty concourse on street level to knock down and rebuild.

We'll be lucky to get 25M for the station, but also need to use the hidden platform, apart from giving it another much needed platform will open the station up and not feel so closterphobic, and then there's the shitty concourse on street level to knock down and rebuild.
They should demolish what is now a massive pound shop and give us a decent station back where it used to be.

The houses nearest the Barnes roundabout weren't built on clays. Where they have been built has reduced that corridor to almost nothing, not enough to build a metro line without demolishing houses. There was a story about it in the echo if I remember correctly. Next time I'm down that way I'm going to have a look

I didn't know of that one.
A few CPO's would sort the house problem out.

The houses nearest the Barnes roundabout weren't built on clays. Where they have been built has reduced that corridor to almost nothing, not enough to build a metro line without demolishing houses. There was a story about it in the echo if I remember correctly. Next time I'm down that way I'm going to have a look

I didn't know of that one.
They were like, there's still a massive footpath there.

The houses are separated by ut from the stream down there

In terms of regeneration it looks like sunderland council is getting there which is encouraging and long may it continue.

However, they need to get the area round the sol sorted its embarrising at the moment.

or they could move 100 yards south to the original site between yates and the civic. there's a blue plaque just past yates opp the cenotaph with the dates
How long ago was the station there? I never knew there was a station site other than Littlewoods.
The littlewoods site is a bit more central.

They were like, there's still a massive footpath there.

The houses are separated by ut from the stream down there
Do you mean they were built on the old clays site? Clays didn't extend that far down.

Last edited:
Ah never mind mate, just clocked your join date ;)

Aye, everyone from shields will have to tell people they're from Sunderland when they're on holiday.
They do already marra

Great news for Sunderland, but hasn't South Shields already had approval for a £100 million regeneration plan?
Is that all marra.....we're paying Carillion £800m just because we're big time

We need a proper station, crazy to think Newcastle had more spent on a metro station than we have had spent on our central mainline station.
And how successful was that metro station :lol:

Didn't they also build houses on the old track that leads to Durham when it would only have cost about 14 million to connect Durham up to the metro?
Which part of Tyne and Wear is durham in?

In terms of regeneration it looks like sunderland council is getting there which is encouraging and long may it continue.

However, they need to get the area round the sol sorted its embarrising at the moment.
It's an industrial estate :lol:

Last edited:
Should be able get a dozen more new bus shelters for £100m.

There was a clays there before clays mk2, clays mk3 is the one in Washington
How long ago was the station there? I never knew there was a station site other than Littlewoods.

Do you mean they were built on the old clays site? Clays didn't extend that far down.

there you go mate the old fawcett st station behind yates and opp the cenotaph.closed 1879 when the current one opened

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back