£100million redevelopment project gets underway in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perhaps the best civil engineering partner in the UK with a history of successful urban developments. £100million is the start of the development.....Carillion expect the eventual figure to be £800million.

Carillion have the capability, reputation and contacts to do what the ARC couldn't.

http://www.carillionplc.com/news-me...ly-worth-up-to-£800-million.aspx#.VGH73WVFAdU
OK - Thats who they are, but what developments/regeneration are we getting with the 100 million or even 800 million? Does this include the Vaux site etc etc

Just reading Watsons name in that article has reminded me of the bloke who shouted 'stabber' as he walked past in the rememberance day parade down the town on Sunday! :oops:

OK - Thats who they are, but what developments/regeneration are we getting with the 100 million or even 800 million? Does this include the Vaux site etc etc

Yes

They have been brought in to do this on behalf of the council.

Just reading Watsons name in that article has reminded me of the bloke who shouted 'stabber' as he walked past in the rememberance day parade down the town on Sunday! :oops:

Where is @Len these days?

Always someone to put a downer on it.
Not seen the new bus stop and trees? The majestic regeneration of the roundabout?
And ha'way, the patrons of the Derry have some lush new paving to hoy up on after a Saturday night on the oil. :cool:

Great initiative but this for me - show me the detail. £100M doesn't go far in business once everyone's had their skim.
Well said mate, we have seen millions ploughed in to scale models and plans, if these plans had actually been developed... the vaux site, stadium park, holmeside triangle we wouldn't be far off competing with newcastle as a city.

You know what, I had a couple of hours to kill in the town on Saturday and had a good walk around the new square, Sunniside and green terrace areas, and it's not as bad as what people make out.

If we can attract jobs to sunderland, and try and get the locals to spend their disposable income in the town this could be cracking city again.

The amount of what looked like fairly new businesses which had shut up shop was scary. Clothes shops and beauty type shops down in sunniside which is never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back