£1000+ to fix my air con?

Get a second opinion.
That's why I made the thread. To find a good place to take it.

Up to 40mph then you’re better off with the window down. Above that then the aircon is more efficient. Apparently.
Doesn't work well in traffic jams though. Air Con is ace, people who disagree are wrong ;)

In winter, AC demists the screen great. My car is terrible without AC on.

If i don't have the aircon on then the windscreen mists up.
Exactly. I first took it in for repair when it was snowing outside!

Last edited:

Just been told I'm looking at over a grand to fix my air con.
It cuts out when I'm driving at anything about about 1500rpm, apparently its a pressure valve in the compressor.

Does anyone know any good places that either recondition compressors (its only 4 years old ffs), or sell good aftermarket ones (and fit them) at a more reasonable price?

Happy to drive from Darlo to Newcastle for the right place.
I used the place in Sheepfolds about 8 years ago - is that place still there? Is it any good?

Thanks.
:lol::lol:

The car is a SEAT Exeo 2013 143PS Diesel. So its basically the standard VW Air Con system of the day.

And I use my air con all the time, I hate being warm in the car AND the AC is great for demisting in winter. Its also cheaper than opening the window if you're going over about 20mph.
Message me your full reg
I'll price the part and make some enquires on replacement

It cuts out when I'm driving at anything about about 1500rpm, apparently its a pressure valve in the compressor.

Does anyone know any good places that either recondition compressors (its only 4 years old ffs), or sell good aftermarket ones (and fit them) at a more reasonable price?

I used the place in Sheepfolds about 8 years ago - is that place still there? Is it any good?

Thanks.
I had a compressor changed and coolant flushed through on my VW Golf GTI for £190, but I'm not in Sunlun.

Compressors are notoriously expensive.

Incredibly simple to fit so that cost will be mainly parts, an hours labour and then the cost of a re-gas.

Best bet is to look for a cheap compressor. Try these: | Auto Air Con Parts
Plenty recondition £170ish ebay. A local firm would fit n gas up £300 max.
2013 SEAT Exeo Diesel Air Conditioning Compressor (Tag# 872916) | eBay
This is £65 (probably accept £60 with an offer) and also 6 month warranty so worth a punt if it's the right one?

The car is a SEAT Exeo 2013 143PS Diesel. So its basically the standard VW Air Con system of the day.

And I use my air con all the time, I hate being warm in the car AND the AC is great for demisting in winter. Its also cheaper than opening the window if you're going over about 20mph.
if its going to cost £1000 to fix i think opening your window will be cheaper

Thanks.
Time for a trade in me thinks

Back