£1000+ to fix my air con?

PTR

Striker
Just been told I'm looking at over a grand to fix my air con.
It cuts out when I'm driving at anything about about 1500rpm, apparently its a pressure valve in the compressor.

Does anyone know any good places that either recondition compressors (its only 4 years old ffs), or sell good aftermarket ones (and fit them) at a more reasonable price?

Happy to drive from Darlo to Newcastle for the right place.
I used the place in Sheepfolds about 8 years ago - is that place still there? Is it any good?

Thanks.

The car is a SEAT Exeo 2013 143PS Diesel. So its basically the standard VW Air Con system of the day.

And I use my air con all the time, I hate being warm in the car AND the AC is great for demisting in winter. Its also cheaper than opening the window if you're going over about 20mph.

It cuts out when I'm driving at anything about about 1500rpm, apparently its a pressure valve in the compressor.

Does anyone know any good places that either recondition compressors (its only 4 years old ffs), or sell good aftermarket ones (and fit them) at a more reasonable price?

I used the place in Sheepfolds about 8 years ago - is that place still there? Is it any good?

Thanks.
He's having ya kegs down. My mam got her whole air con system replaced in her mini for about 600 quid.

Thanks.

You must use it too often.

I dont think mines working properly. But not really an issue as opening windows just a touch solves it. And also possibly looking at new one next year anyway, so not worth it.

1000 I'd of told them where to go.

No way will it cost any more than 400-500. Easy job just an expensive part.
He read the part cost off his screen as £820+vat.
But yes, I think there's some piss taking going on. The place I go to has a reputation for quality tbf.

Back