Yanks in the Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aint nothing wrong with a high five or two and some good yells. Dont know if they sound like Woohoo though.

A high five or 2? :lol: already sounds to me like it's more than that.

I'm only having a laugh here lads, so don't take it personally. Just was very noticeable when I went to America.

Not taken personally. I enjoy hearing others experiences and how things/people come of to others. Curious as to what parts you experienced this in @John J Rambo

In all honesty the high five usually only exist here in Georgia when it comes to sporting events. A player hits a homerun/touchdown/goal you automatically turn to the person beside you and slap the shit out of their hand.

Not taken personally. I enjoy hearing others experiences and how things/people come of to others. Curious as to what parts you experienced this in @John J Rambo

In all honesty the high five usually only exist here in Georgia when it comes to sporting events. A player hits a homerun/touchdown/goal you automatically turn to the person beside you and slap the shit out of their hand.
Vegas. High fives arll owa the shop. Went to a few shows and some irritating American woman behind us, was Wooooo"ing all the way through a cirque de soleil show. Because she was doing it, we then noticed everyone else doing it. Not just a couple of times either, seemed to be almost every 30 seconds this woman was doing it. Was also a Lakers vs Celtics play off game on at the time we were there. I actually got quite in to it. Was just constant Wooo's watching that as well.

Imagine seeing two blokes high fiving at the match man.

Cringe.

Brings people together here. Its really boils down to cultural relativism.

Vegas. High fives arll owa the shop. Went to a few shows and some irritating American woman behind us, was Wooooo"ing all the way through a cirque de soleil show. Because she was doing it, we then noticed everyone else doing it. Not just a couple of times either, seemed to be almost every 30 seconds this woman was doing it. Was also a Lakers vs Celtics play off game on at the time we were there. I actually got quite in to it. Was just constant Wooo's watching that as well.

Never been to Vegas, bet that a whole different ballgame. Yeah you go to a bar when an important game is on anytime something good happens there will be wooo's thrown about in all different forms.

Can't wait to see and meet their circumcised cocks on this side of the geet watta. Love having you on board, lads

Imagine seeing two blokes high fiving at the match man.

Cringe.
:lol: it's just a culture thing a suppose. The tanks on here probably don't really notice it and think I'm being daft, but after a couple of days, it was really noticeable like. We went to San Francisco and Vegas for our honeymoon and San Francisco I never noticed it, but Vegas when they were all excited, it was constant. We were there in 2010 and watched England vs USA in the world cup there. That was just surreal and an "experience". High fives and wooooo central.

Been around for 6 years and am still stumped of the vocabulary most of the time.
Give owa la ;)

:lol: it's just a culture thing a suppose. The tanks on here probably don't really notice it and think I'm being daft, but after a couple of days, it was really noticeable like. We went to San Francisco and Vegas for our honeymoon and San Francisco I never noticed it, but Vegas when they were all excited, it was constant. We were there in 2010 and watched England vs USA in the world cup there. That was just surreal and an "experience". High fives and wooooo central.

Give owa la ;)

That was also probably because 90% of the people there had never seen a game and didnt know what to do haha.
Logon or register to see this image

Bet a lot were hammered and had money on it as well which fed into it even more. Got to love how different people are everywhere in the world.

Give owa la ;)

I imagine they smack each other arses in San Francisco.

Been around for 6 years and am still stumped of the vocabulary most of the time.
There are some great teachers on here, marra, that'll have you typing like a local in nee time... I've almost gotten rid of all my Americanisms, even when speaking to Americans! - alls yer hafta do is ask anarl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back