Worst restaurant you've dined at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said it before but the Poachers at Thinford was the most scatter infested shithole I've ever been too . Also shout out to the Bridge Inn at Stapleton which is similar
The amount of people who rave about the bridge inn , av never been mind.

I have to mention the boil in the bag crap you get at the gretnaa at newton aycliffe and at the cobblers , in fact all those shite pub chains are crap.

Worst restaurant you've dined at?

This French place in Manchester.

Can't remember what it was called but paid a small fortune for some pigeon shit (at least that's what it looked like to me) in the middle of a large plate.

Everyone ate in silence.

Had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Every restaurant in Cuba.
Some kind of jet black bean 'stew'? Very random and tasteless, but had some amazing fish over there too.

Worst I've been was a place called Paris Texas in Newcastle about 15 years ago. More recently, Tiger Bills in Whitley Bay was laughably bad.

Went to holy smokes recently for the first time and I thought it was a big let down. I know it's American themed but the food was shite, I had the 'stinky pete' burger and sweet potato fries and both were shite. Dry fries and the burger itself tasted crap and was dropping apart, the curried onion rings were rank snarl. Another kicker was they had ran out of all the decent lagers or ales so I had to make do with coors. Don't think I'll be rushing back.

Zizzi (that Italian chain) went in at a quiet lunch time with the wife(no). I ordered a pizza she ordered some creamy pasta stuff. Waited 25 mins and no sign of the food. I went to the loo and passed the kitchen where I saw our food sat there waiting to be picked up. Got back to my seat and said it won't be long as I'd seen it sat there. Another 30 minutes and no sign of staff or the food. It eventually came and both meals were ice cold so we sent them back, 5 mins later they came back piping hot, patience wearing thin and starving my Mrs turned over a bit of pasta and found black curly pubes in her meal. Needless to say I lost my shit and caused a scene. Not as much as I'd have liked as my wife begged me not to smash the place to pieces. I've never left a restaurant without paying up to and since then. The kitchen staff were lucky to leave without life changing injuries as those pizza ovens looked like they'd easily take a human body imo. Had to settle for launching my pizza like a frizz-be and knocking over every table and chair on my way out while pointing and shouting at the gormless kitchen staff that they know why I'm doing this. I was embarrassed with my behaviour but satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back