Worst restaurant you've dined at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in Qingdao in China having a business meeting and as is customary in some of the chinese restaurants we ate in a private room upstairs.
The meal was the normal shit they give you when showing off like sea cucumber, ducks tongues, chicken feet.

All went well until it hit my stomach and i had to go. Getting up to go i approached the stairs to go down to the bog only to be stopped by the waiter- " no sir - toilet there-" one foot from the table.
so in i go with a flimsy door and paper thin wall and f***ing explode. and i mean explode, followed by farts and shite everywhere.
Then the real panic set in, shit all over, spalsh back all over and I look for the bog roll and there is none.
for fuck sake- only one thing for it, off with the kegs and clean up.
put them down the bog and flushed, only the fucker didnt have any water in the cistern and it wouldnt flush.
So i leave the shit splattered bog with my kegs dumped in it to go back to the table.

and, of course as i sit down, one of the chinese gets up to go to the toilet.......
anyway, that was the worst place i have eaten.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Topper that like marra

That place in Durham that Jay Raynor raved about. Took them 45mins to bring out starters that had gone cold so sent them back. Waited another half an hour then told them we were leaving.

Honourable mentions also for Lardo in Hackney and one of those lifting all you can eat Chinese places in Leicester Square many years ago.
Was absolute class when we went like, not long after his review. When were you there?

Apart from rubbish chains like Frankie and Benny's I don't think I've been anywhere near as unlucky as a few people on here. Of supposed 'nice' places there's a 'modern' tapas place in Barcelona called Lolita's that was woeful. They forgot half the food and the only enjoyable bit was the ham which they can't really take credit for. Waiter was a complete bell, it cost a fair bit and I got the shits.

Was absolute class when we went like, not long after his review. When were you there?

Apart from rubbish chains like Frankie and Benny's I don't think I've been anywhere near as unlucky as a few people on here. Of supposed 'nice' places there's a 'modern' tapas place in Barcelona called Lolita's that was woeful. They forgot half the food and the only enjoyable bit was the ham which they can't really take credit for. Waiter was a complete bell, it cost a fair bit and I got the shits.

In June or July I think it was. They apologised offered us a free meal for four if we returned but we've not bothered.

All fat buddhas are shit
The Durham one is shocking like.

Which place? Garden house?

Last edited:
Heron On The Lake in Fleet in Hampshire in 2002.

Took Mrs Naiwf for a meal there early in our relationship.

Nice romantic location & all that bollocks.

Without going into details, basically I'd finished me pudding before her starter & main had even arrived at the table.

I'm sure it's better these days.

Is that some sort of innuendo?

A mate of mine went to see Berwick at Cowdenbeath a few years ago and ordered a vegetarian toastie in the clubhouse. The wifey stared at him for a few seconds, took his money then walked off. She came back about 10 minutes late and put a toasted "sandwich" on the counter. When he opened it up it was empty so just two slices of dry toast, one on top of the other. He said, "What's this?".

She said, "It's what you asked for. A vegetarian toastie."

Gusto on quayside. Was shite, I remember a started being £6 odd meatballs in which I would have got tastier and more from a 89p tin from Asda.

Some Caribbean nightmare that was in that building with the conservatory by the roundabout leading to Durham Rd and Tunstall Rd.

Terrible service, terrible atmosphere and terrible food. It didn't last long.
The same building when is was an Italian restaurant (I've erased the name from my memory). 6 of us in on Friday night, all seemed in order and we all ordered. After 1 hour, mine was the only course to arrive, no starters mind, just my main course. It was supposed to be Polo Bordalesa, it looked more like Cat in dishwater. We all got up and walked out, cue a bloke chasing us "you must pay for your drinks" and my response "gan and plat your shite".

Was in Qingdao in China having a business meeting and as is customary in some of the chinese restaurants we ate in a private room upstairs.
The meal was the normal shit they give you when showing off like sea cucumber, ducks tongues, chicken feet.

All went well until it hit my stomach and i had to go. Getting up to go i approached the stairs to go down to the bog only to be stopped by the waiter- " no sir - toilet there-" one foot from the table.
so in i go with a flimsy door and paper thin wall and f***ing explode. and i mean explode, followed by farts and shite everywhere.
Then the real panic set in, shit all over, spalsh back all over and I look for the bog roll and there is none.
for fuck sake- only one thing for it, off with the kegs and clean up.
put them down the bog and flushed, only the fucker didnt have any water in the cistern and it wouldnt flush.
So i leave the shit splattered bog with my kegs dumped in it to go back to the table.

and, of course as i sit down, one of the chinese gets up to go to the toilet.......
anyway, that was the worst place i have eaten.
About normal for China.

Little Italy on Seaburn seafront. Everything about it is dreadful.

It's new neighbour, Fat Buddha, isn't much cop either - worst place I've eaten in this year.

Some god awful curry in Omagh, think it was at Main Street.

Looked like it had already been eaten a few times and tasted similar. f***ing vile.

Worst place I've been recently is The Rattler in South Shields.

Second worst was a restuarant in Adare, Co. Limerick. The Wild Geese, it was absolutely rank and appears in the Michelin Guide. On the other hand 1826 next door was one of the best restaurants I've been to in ages.

When I went to the Louvre I was busy looking at paintings and that, maybe I'm just boring.
You are.

A mate of mine went to see Berwick at Cowdenbeath a few years ago and ordered a vegetarian toastie in the clubhouse. The wifey stared at him for a few seconds, took his money then walked off. She came back about 10 minutes late and put a toasted "sandwich" on the counter. When he opened it up it was empty so just two slices of dry toast, one on top of the other. He said, "What's this?".

She said, "It's what you asked for. A vegetarian toastie."
Your mates fault to be fair.

That place in Durham that Jay Raynor raved about. Took them 45mins to bring out starters that had gone cold so sent them back. Waited another half an hour then told them we were leaving.

Living in Durham i've been to that place (The Garden House) a couple of times. I would class it as 6/10 and would never think must get back there soon. Was proper shocked when i saw that he had done a write up on it in the Guardian. It's ok at best but i would never recommend it to anyone lookign for somewhere to eat in Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back