Worst restaurant you've dined at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real sports bar and grill in Toronto. The only place in the city where I found the service to be actually rooten. Took over an hour to get food bloody ordered even. Head waiter was an absolute arse about my ID, the condescending little prick. Food was bang average and f***ing expensive, and as owa lass is a veggie she usually gets veggie burgers... which meant the patty came in a big f***ing lettuce rather than a bun

Living in Durham i've been to that place (The Garden House) a couple of times. I would class it as 6/10 and would never think must get back there soon. Was proper shocked when i saw that he had done a write up on it in the Guardian. It's ok at best but i would never recommend it to anyone lookign for somewhere to eat in Durham.
I live in Fram and I've been to it recently. I thought it was pretty decent tbf, rather enjoyed the food (especially since I didn't have to pay for it), but what the fuck do I know, I like frankie and benny's and tgi Fridays

Went for a meal next to all the big yachts in Mahon Minorca, I foolishly thought this has to be good, the millionaires off the boats won't be eating shite. Looked nice from the outside; all the waitresses were like Russian supermodels. The meal was a shambles, honestly had better on Pallion road.

My mate recommended Tay Barns when it first opened in Shields, went on and on about the all the choice and quality:oops: Christ, absolute shite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Real sports bar and grill in Toronto. The only place in the city where I found the service to be actually rooten. Took over an hour to get food bloody ordered even. Head waiter was an absolute arse about my ID, the condescending little prick. Food was bang average and f***ing expensive, and as owa lass is a veggie she usually gets veggie burgers... which meant the patty came in a big f***ing lettuce rather than a bun

did you do any tootin or shootin there?

Frankie & Bennys in Ballymena. Wife and I went in one morning for a breakfast, service was slow and breakfast wasn't even warm, we mentioned it and just got an apology. We just put off as a one off then a year later we went in one evening, started off well waiter met us and took us to a table. He took our drinks order and said he'd be back with our drinks and to take our order. After half an hour drinks never came and neither did the waiter to take our order. So we just got up and walked out, wasn't even stopped by anybody.

As soon as I got home I sent an angry tweet to them, within ten minutes got a direct message back from them as for a full account of our experience, waiters name etc Which I did, got a response back issuing an apology and also the offer of a voucher to use next time, also told that they would be looking into it. Learned later that most of the staff had been "moved" from that branch and new staff were in place.

Have never been to that one in Ballymena since, although have been in a couple of times to the one in Belfast although the service was better have to say can see why they are closing branches as their food is not as good as it used to be.

I've eaten mostly all over SE and East Asia, and some places would make the hardened northern bloke puke, a poor UK restaurant would be 5 stars in some of the outback places I've eaten. Some similar to the China one you mentioned, another shout to the place they were washing the frogs, vegetables etc in the urinal by pushing the flush button. Another where they were chasing the iguana around the tables, Benny Hill fashion to catch it for cooking. Oh and the toilets which made the trainspotting booth look presentable.

Cuba was hit and miss for me also, had some good stuff, but some terrible stew type dishes, plus the hotdog which i had to keep spitting the what ever animal bones out of me gob.

Some don't have a clue marra about just how bad "restaurants" can be.

Thankfully, I've never had to face anything resembling those you've posted about, either in the UK or over here, but some of the complaints, on this thread, have made me more than chuckle.

A Mexican place in Namur Belgium

Turned up and was told that they had some slight delays. No problem I thought

2 hours later no starter had arrived despite the couple next to us having arrived later, eaten and left

Asked to see the manager, he must have been 95.

Told them to fuck off and walked out without paying for 3 pints

Read your last response to another poster, plus speak correctly please. I'd call you a spenk, but you clearly haven't got the intellect for that!
Duel mate. I bet he knows what one of those is.

I've been to some awful ones but the one that stands out was in Badaling in China.

Food was dreadful and there was shit all over the floor as you got near the toilets - they were a hole in the ground.

Really?
I had some great meals there.

duel
His intellect must be too busy with all the condescending replies to be able to spell words and that.

Some Caribbean nightmare that was in that building with the conservatory by the roundabout leading to Durham Rd and Tunstall Rd.

Terrible service, terrible atmosphere and terrible food. It didn't last long.
:lol:
I was telling someone about that place last week, f***ing rank.

Last edited:
Bad chain: another vote for Frankie's and Bennie's (Southampton). Did feel sorry for the 16 year olds who were struggling to cope in a badly managed place.

An Italian: who thought it was OK to serve one guest 45 mins later than the other five customers.

A Peruvian restaurant where I can't even tell you the story as it is too gross.

For the first time in my life i had a Burger King meal last night,for the last 20 hours i've had chronic diarrhoea and feel generally awful,never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back