Worst restaurant you've dined at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read your last response to another poster, plus speak correctly please. I'd call you a spenk, but you clearly haven't got the intellect for that!

I've only ever refused to pay for food as it was so bad twice. Had a burger in Spain and you could have played hockey with the bun. The meat was falling apart all over the shop and the chips were mush. In my Spanish (it's good, honestly) I told him the bread was hard and he said that it had been toasted. I then picked up the bread, smashed it on the counter about 10 times and the counter was more damaged than the bread. Shocking. The worst thing was that after all this the man looked crestfallen, as I'd insulted his great-grandma's burgers :lol:

The other time was at a tourist trap in Rome (should have known better I know). Charged €9 for a sandwich that came vacuum-wrapped and took ages to get to the table so just left loose change on the table and disappeared into the crowd.

My dad's vegan and ordered a curry in Ireland once. They brought him out a chicken curry, he sent it back. It came back a few mins later. He ate the curry but when he got to the bottom of it, he realised that they'd just taken out the chicken bits at the top and sent it back to him :lol:

Heron On The Lake in Fleet in Hampshire in 2002.

Took Mrs Naiwf for a meal there early in our relationship.

Nice romantic location & all that bollocks.

Without going into details, basically I'd finished me pudding before her starter & main had even arrived at the table.

I'm sure it's better these days.
It's not mate, never liked the place.

Mine is probably Giraffe in Basingstoke. They gave the ex a plate full of raw chicken, and she was 6 months pregnant the utter cretin's. My burger was burnt to a crisp though.

I've been to some awful ones but the one that stands out was in Badaling in China.

Food was dreadful and there was shit all over the floor as you got near the toilets - they were a hole in the ground.

Every restaurant in Cuba.
Really?
I had some great meals there.

No the wonder the country is on its arse. Anyway, I'd love to continue the dual of wit which you backed away from, but just shows you're unarmed!
duel

Mexican in Noosa Queensland.

So dark I couldn't read the menu.

"I'll have the Chilli con Carne" . . . "Sorry we're out of Chilli"

Still waiting for the food to arrive an hour later, despite reminding the waiter on two occassions and seeing others being served who'd arrived after us. c

Plenty of complaining amongst ourselves in that passive aggressive way the English do so well.

Suddenly I had a revelation. The only thing that would've made the whole experience even worse than it already had been, was if the food arrived and I had to pay for it. Stood up and walked out.

Ask, when they had a restaurant next to the pictures in Sunderland.

Had lasagne, tasted like shite, gave me the worst food poisoning I've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back