Worst restaurant you've dined at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been to some awful ones but the one that stands out was in Badaling in China.
Food was dreadful and there was shit all over the floor as you got near the toilets - they were a hole in the ground.
Really?
I had some great meals there.
duel

I've eaten mostly all over SE and East Asia, and some places would make the hardened northern bloke puke, a poor UK restaurant would be 5 stars in some of the outback places I've eaten. Some similar to the China one you mentioned, another shout to the place they were washing the frogs, vegetables etc in the urinal by pushing the flush button. Another where they were chasing the iguana around the tables, Benny Hill fashion to catch it for cooking. Oh and the toilets which made the trainspotting booth look presentable.

Cuba was hit and miss for me also, had some good stuff, but some terrible stew type dishes, plus the hotdog which i had to keep spitting the what ever animal bones out of me gob.

Some Caribbean nightmare that was in that building with the conservatory by the roundabout leading to Durham Rd and Tunstall Rd.

Terrible service, terrible atmosphere and terrible food. It didn't last long.

A German restaurant is Salou about 10 years ago. Chicken arrived completely raw, complained so they tok it away and when it returned it was still raw in the middle. I complained again, refused to accept the meal and just asked to pay for what the bairn had ate and the fuckers called the police on me, the twats!!

The canteen on BP Tanguh PNG.

I was on site a month and the food was rotten, they had a section for locals and one for the westerners.

It got to the point I was living on chocolate, chrisps and cans of pop.

Used to hoy my guts up at the smell of the place.

Locals used to eat sheeps brains, eyeballs and fuck knows what else!

Lost nearly 2 stone in a month and I was only 10.5 stone when I went !

A Little Chef when I went to on holiday with my parents as a teen. We'd ordered two prawn salads and two mixed grills. The lad cooking the food seemed to be able to only cook one order at a time and he was doing that very slowly. The salads came out but they put them on top of the coffee machine as the mixed grills hadn't been cooked. Twenty minutes later, we'd finished our drinks, the salads were still on top of the coffee machine and the hot food still hadn't been cooked so we walked out and went to the pub up the road instead. We never went to the Little Chef again after that.
As a family, for a quick nosh while travelling we, and especially the bairns loved them . The one at Scotch Corner was crap like .

Sardis - italian in darlo , food was average service was non existant.
How does that shit hole survive ?

Last edited:
Mexican in Noosa Queensland.

So dark I couldn't read the menu.

"I'll have the Chilli con Carne" . . . "Sorry we're out of Chilli"

Still waiting for the food to arrive an hour later, despite reminding the waiter on two occassions and seeing others being served who'd arrived after us. c

Plenty of complaining amongst ourselves in that passive aggressive way the English do so well.

Suddenly I had a revelation. The only thing that would've made the whole experience even worse than it already had been, was if the food arrived and I had to pay for it. Stood up and walked out.

That's a shame as Noosa is a beautiful place as well

Liberty browns.

The canteen on BP Tanguh PNG.

I was on site a month and the food was rotten, they had a section for locals and one for the westerners.

It got to the point I was living on chocolate, chrisps and cans of pop.

Used to hoy my guts up at the smell of the place.

Locals used to eat sheeps brains, eyeballs and fuck knows what else!

Lost nearly 2 stone in a month and I was only 10.5 stone when I went !
Racist

I once went to an Italian in The Village in Manchester. It was so shite, there was even a fly in my soup.
I couldn't believe I had to make a complaint which sounded like the start of a terrible joke.

St Petersberg in Manchester (if it's still there) was an odd experience. The "entertainment" was actually quite frightening, but you'd dare not ignore it. They also only took cash, not card.
But hey, I had a steak flambéd (sp) in vodka so hey ho.

Aye I've said it on here before Top 3 Maccys ive been too

1. Paris Louvre
2. Paris Champs Elysees
3. Barmston

The French dee it best

I got a beer in the one at Girona Airport.
So shove that up your hole, ya cheese eating surrender monkey lover.

Cafe Rouge at Center Parcs near Penrith (I think) was unbelievably shite.
Or was it the Nottingham one? Probably Penrith.

The service was so bad it was practically non-existent

I once went to an Italian in The Village in Manchester. It was so shite, there was even a fly in my soup.
I couldn't believe I had to make a complaint which sounded like the start of a terrible joke.

St Petersberg in Manchester (if it's still there) was an odd experience. The "entertainment" was actually quite frightening, but you'd dare not ignore it. They also only took cash, not card.
But hey, I had a steak flambéd (sp) in vodka so hey ho.

I got a beer in the one at Girona Airport.
So shove that up your hole, ya cheese eating surrender monkey lover.

wow

That place in Durham that Jay Raynor raved about. Took them 45mins to bring out starters that had gone cold so sent them back. Waited another half an hour then told them we were leaving.

Honourable mentions also for Lardo in Hackney and one of those lifting all you can eat Chinese places in Leicester Square many years ago.

Naz Haven at the Wellington in Fencehouses.

Raw chicken, that we sent back... We were told it was meant to be like that, obviously I pointed out that it was raw, then told the chef was new. I'm no Jamie Olivier but I know you cook chicken like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back