World of Warcaft - Warlords of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair though, you could save a tenner and just apply for a guild in-game :p
You could, but SA is class for for stuff like this. I wanted to try EVE a few years back. I asked in the EVE thread if I could join their corporation. I joined a guild that only top players get to join outside of SA. Ships, in game money, materials were thrown at me hand over fist for being new.

I went on an OP, which at the time turned out to be one of the biggest in game ever. I'd only been playing for a few weeks. I accidentally clipped one of the giant ships an knocked everything back by about 20 minutes (think about bumping the death star with a mini). My connection dropped out and when I logged back on and had a couple hundred messages, going from calling me a **** to laughing at the stupid new guy. Most of the mails had money included, I got enough in game cash to keep playing the game for about 18 months off the back of being a fuck up.

I didn't really enjoy that game so I stopped playing but if I ever want to reactivate it I have a low level guy, in a top guild who is space rich.

If I want to play an online game I always look at somethingawful first to see what kind of presence they have.

Never played WOW before...is it easy to get into as a beginner?
Apparently it's a piece of piss now.

Never played WOW before...is it easy to get into as a beginner?

It's very easy these days if you want to play for fun. Which now that I'm a bit older than I was when it launched (10 whole years, almost :oops:), is a good thing. Job, life, etc gets in the way a lot outside of the weekends, and now theres footy. But it allows me to do everything I did back when I spent 16 hours a day on the thing, only in a lot less time.

You could, but SA is class for for stuff like this. I wanted to try EVE a few years back. I asked in the EVE thread if I could join their corporation. I joined a guild that only top players get to join outside of SA. Ships, in game money, materials were thrown at me hand over fist for being new.

I went on an OP, which at the time turned out to be one of the biggest in game ever. I'd only been playing for a few weeks. I accidentally clipped one of the giant ships an knocked everything back by about 20 minutes (think about bumping the death star with a mini). My connection dropped out and when I logged back on and had a couple hundred messages, going from calling me a **** to laughing at the stupid new guy. Most of the mails had money included, I got enough in game cash to keep playing the game for about 18 months off the back of being a fuck up.

I didn't really enjoy that game so I stopped playing but if I ever want to reactivate it I have a low level guy, in a top guild who is space rich.

If I want to play an online game I always look at somethingawful first to see what kind of presence they have.

Apparently it's a piece of piss now.

So it's really that good then? Might give it a go at some point. Never really had trouble back in the day getting into top guilds etc, but the thought of doing a whole massive application which is more in depth than any job interview, should I ever raid properly again, makes me feel ill. It's quite sad really.

It's very easy these days if you want to play for fun. Which now that I'm a bit older than I was when it launched (10 whole years, almost :oops:), is a good thing. Job, life, etc gets in the way a lot outside of the weekends, and now theres footy. But it allows me to do everything I did back when I spent 16 hours a day on the thing, only in a lot less time.

So it's really that good then? Might give it a go at some point. Never really had trouble back in the day getting into top guilds etc, but the thought of doing a whole massive application which is more in depth than any job interview, should I ever raid properly again, makes me feel ill. It's quite sad really.
If it's a new game there's a good chance whoever is in charge will fuck things up or be a psycho, if the games been around a couple of years you'll be able to play at the top tier.

Most of the time as long as you have a couple hundred posts and 3-4 months as a member you'll walk in. It's a US site so you'll get a better guild on a US server over a European one in my experience.

I've been on there since 2002, probably the best $10 I've ever spent.

ROAS for the guildname definately.

Oh and I'm in. I'm not currently subscribed but will be back for WoD. If theres a guild going by then I'll resub like.

To be fair though, you could save a tenner and just apply for a guild in-game :p

RP-PVP, kinky ;)

I'm PvE only sadly, currently Chamber of Aspects/Draenor. Lost interest in PvP realms when Azeroth was opened up to flying mounts.

DF is anything but RP - The realm is notorious for the Goon Squad, during WOTLK pre-patch caused an actual worldwide zombie epidemic.
YouTube is your answer to my claims, the fact which makes this realm unique is to the fact we're anything but we're can only be cross-zoned to RP realms thus causing absolute havoc and being restricted to RP realms in the more popular zones

We might be labelled as RP but we're brutal - Horde side here don't abide to the rules ;)

DF is anything but RP - The realm is notorious for the Goon Squad, during WOTLK pre-patch caused an actual worldwide zombie epidemic.
YouTube is your answer to my claims, the fact which makes this realm unique is to the fact we're anything but we're can only be cross-zoned to RP realms thus causing absolute havoc and being restricted to RP realms in the more popular zones

We might be labelled as RP but we're brutal - Horde side here don't abide to the rules ;)
Are you a goon too?

I take it you're a goon? :p Just paying to join seems a bit, you know
Yeah, been on there for over a decade.

Never played WoW, There are a few guild afaik depending on your play style. If I want to play any online game I always check there first, they tend to be a good bunch to play with.

The tenner thing is there at first because forum invasions were a pain in the arse, now it's there because it costs about a 5 grand a month to run the thing.

Yeah, been on there for over a decade.

Never played WoW, There are a few guild afaik depending on your play style. If I want to play any online game I always check there first, they tend to be a good bunch to play with.

The tenner thing is there at first because forum invasions were a pain in the arse, now it's there because it costs about a 5 grand a month to run the thing.

Fair enough. Might sign up although their WoW guild aint doing incredibly well it's food for thought for the next expansion.

Just had a look, they have a pretty active WoW sub-forum (never looked at it before). Couple of stand out threads from a quick glance:

There's a thread on the WoD expansion with 18k replies.

Recruitment threads for the big US and EU guilds. There are a few more guild threads for regular sized guilds.

There's a thread called "Questions you can't Google, Thottbot, Wowhead, Wowwiki, or MMO-Champion". I have no idea what most of that means but with 14k replies there's probably some good advice in there.

Didn't notice any gerld threads so it could be a bit spergy with a proper look.

Fair enough. Might sign up although their WoW guild aint doing incredibly well it's food for thought for the next expansion.
Not going for the hard sell or anything, it's just this probably isn't the best place to start a guild. There are about 12k members on here, if we have 200 active users on the games forum I'd be shocked.

Last edited:
The £9.99 only occurs if you un-sub at anytime past November 13th.. It's still cheaper than anywhere in Europe except Russia

But they're not exactly sending out a positive message for a company who's lost 6.5 million subscribers to date. (Currently sitting at 6 million down from 12.5 million)

But they're not exactly sending out a positive message for a company who's lost 6.5 million subscribers to date. (Currently sitting at 6 million down from 12.5 million)

It's still the most popular MMORPG, Diablo 3 is very popular, net profits were $50million dollars higher this quarter than they were for the same period last year. I don't think Blizzard are crying into their cereal.

It's never going to be as popular as it was but it will probably be around another 5 years at least.

Considering I've never played I've posted in the thread a lot . :lol:

It's still the most popular MMORPG, Diablo 3 is very popular, net profits were $50million dollars higher this quarter than they were for the same period last year. I don't think Blizzard are crying into their cereal.

It's never going to be as popular as it was but it will probably be around another 5 years at least.

Considering I've never played I've posted in the thread a lot . :lol:

You can't compare to Diablo 3 though, they're different genre's for starters :eek: - one's an MMO the other is a dungeon crawler RPG.

The problem WoW has is that there's a lack of faith in the development team, on my top of my head there's about 5 features cancelled which were advertised to buy WoD and if you read their Tweets they're very oblivious and ignorant towards the problems - They released SOO raid in November 2013 which meant people have had to do the same raid every for a full year.

The subs will rise in the Fall 2014 financials but that's only because of the WoD release but once the initial hype has died down all of Q1-Q4 will see new record sub losses, the game has peaked.

Revenue's will still climb however.. They have 3 expansions planned within a 12 month period from November for each of their titles added with Micro-transactions from Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm but after that period they'll need another cash cow.

You can't compare to Diablo 3 though, they're different genre's for starters :eek: - one's an MMO the other is a dungeon crawler RPG.

The problem WoW has is that there's a lack of faith in the development team, on my top of my head there's about 5 features cancelled which were advertised to buy WoD and if you read their Tweets they're very oblivious and ignorant towards the problems - They released SOO raid in November 2013 which meant people have had to do the same raid every for a full year.

The subs will rise in the Fall 2014 financials but that's only because of the WoD release but once the initial hype has died down all of Q1-Q4 will see new record sub losses, the game has peaked.

Revenue's will still climb however.. They have 3 expansions planned within a 12 month period from November for each of their titles added with Micro-transactions from Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm but after that period they'll need another cash cow.
I just brought Diablo into it because that's Blizzard's too. My point was that WoW isn't their only cash stream.

I've never played WoW so chances are I'd enjoy it if I had time to get my money's worth. I can understand why you'd be sick of them reading that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back