World of Warcaft - Warlords of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
New SWTOR expansion has absolutely rave reviews. "How the classic version should of been" 1 review described.

If you sub you get a free level 60. Or you can go 1-55 just by doing the class quests which is a great move.

Any chance of a link to how one joins these old servers please?

i just googled wow vanilla servers and the first one that popped up was a link to 'nostalrius begins'

they have a complete website / forum with step by step instructions on what to do

basically d/l the client files
create a nost account
create a nost playing account
play

the pvp server is about 7 months further along (i think they're almost at the Opening of AQ stage) whilst the pve server only opened about 3 weeks ago so it's still the mad (slow) grind to 60

i just googled wow vanilla servers and the first one that popped up was a link to 'nostalrius begins'

they have a complete website / forum with step by step instructions on what to do

create a nost account
play

the pvp server is about 7 months further along (i think they're almost at the Opening of AQ stage) whilst the pve server only opened about 3 weeks ago so it's still the mad (slow) grind to 60
Might have a look at the weekend mate. Think i'll dabble in an undead rogue PVP.

create a nost account
play

Cheers for that, might have a mooch and download it, it might remove my vanilla rose tinted glasses!

Blizzcon was really underwhelming, didn't sell the new expansion at all.
The September 2016 release date doesn't help at all either.

Think SWTOR and the Guild Wars 2 expansion could be the MMOs for 2016.

Blizzcon was really underwhelming, didn't sell the new expansion at all.
The September 2016 release date doesn't help at all either.

Think SWTOR and the Guild Wars 2 expansion could be the MMOs for 2016.

not SWTOR..as soon as that went 'free to play' or was actually the case 'pay to win' it became a dead duck in my eyes

never played GW2 so cant comment on that

not SWTOR..as soon as that went 'free to play' or was actually the case 'pay to win' it became a dead duck in my eyes

never played GW2 so cant comment on that

Try playing the expansion before making any judgement. It's not free to play because you have to be a sub to play the expansion also.
Subscriptions are up 45% since the release

SWTOR is at 2.2 million and rising, WoW is at 5.5 million and declining..

Last edited:
Try playing the expansion before making any judgement. It's not free to play because you have to be a sub to play the expansion also.
Subscriptions are up 45% since the release

SWTOR is at 2.2 million and rising, WoW is at 5.5 million and declining..

ok, will give it another try

tried it on release, played for about 3 weeks and must have tried it for about a fortnight every 6 months or so since then

i do the starting areas (and enjoy them) and then just go 'meh' as soon as they're finished

ok, will give it another try

tried it on release, played for about 3 weeks and must have tried it for about a fortnight every 6 months or so since then

i do the starting areas (and enjoy them) and then just go 'meh' as soon as they're finished

The biggest improvement they made is you can get 1-55 just by doing the class storyline. The downside is you need to actually buy the 55-60 expansion if you choose not to make the level 60 boost.

The biggest improvement they made is you can get 1-55 just by doing the class storyline. The downside is you need to actually buy the 55-60 expansion if you choose not to make the level 60 boost.

well i tried and it remembered my user name on the login page but neither of my usual passwords worked, and no email sent to either of my email addys when i click on the recover password.

will give it to the weekend and then try again afresh by subbing for a month or 2

The biggest standout playing SWTOR again so far is the reviews which said "Why didn't they do this at launch?!" and I totally agree with them.

The biggest change for me is you can queue for any Dungeon at any level, if there's a level difference everyone gets boosted upto the person with the highest level.
The Dungeon's with the massive storylines (such as the first and last one) now have a solo mode so you can go through the campaign without having to group with a person like a proper Bioware game is.

It's these little things which tell you "If they did this 2 years ago this game could of went somewhere" but with the Star Wars movie out next month everyone's getting a feel for the game again, they might of just salvaged it but we'll see...... time will tell.

realised where i was going wrong, stupid password had to start with a capital letter

so am downloading all the updates etc and will give it another bash (as F2P for tonight i think)

well here are my thoughts so far (as a f2p, was a subscriber at launch and also tried f2p when hutt cartels came out)

am level 16 after doing tython and the esseles dungeon so the levelling speed seems to be a little quicker than i remember

tython also was super easy compared to what i remember, never came close to dying and it only became even more ridiculous when i got t7

biggest problem tho is too many abilities, and not enough action bars

oh, and i can only learn 1 crew skill, which is useless to be honest

well here are my thoughts so far (as a f2p, was a subscriber at launch and also tried f2p when hutt cartels came out)

am level 16 after doing tython and the esseles dungeon so the levelling speed seems to be a little quicker than i remember

tython also was super easy compared to what i remember, never came close to dying and it only became even more ridiculous when i got t7

biggest problem tho is too many abilities, and not enough action bars

oh, and i can only learn 1 crew skill, which is useless to be honest

You can learn 2 as f2p? 2 gathering atleast..

I'm on Red Cresecent server playing Empire, but I'll make a Republic aswell. Tts the most populace PvE server.. Forgot what it feels like having your capital city busy on a MMO :cool:

But aye the questing experience is so much easier to the point you can solo "Heroic 2+" missions because all companions can now be a tank/healer/dps.. It's good for lower level people but it's a bit too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back