Wickham or borini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the bit about him being faster and a better ball carrier is wrong for a start,you're spot on about him being younger though

Wickham IS faster and a better ball carrier. I've never seen Borini dribble, or simply outrun anybody. Not quick or strong enough.
He is a decent player, and I wouldn't be upset if we signed him, but I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him.

Wickham IS faster and a better ball carrier. I've never seen Borini dribble, or simply outrun anybody. Not quick or strong enough.
He is a decent player, and I wouldn't be upset if we signed him, but I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him.

I would offer 7-8 million for Borini no more. I think Liverpool will be desperate for us to resurrect the deal but we are in a stronger position now considering his return has been a disaster.

I can see him ending up at QPR like.

FB is going somewhere in Jan. I doubt it will be us but I wouldn't say no to him if the deal was quick.

Ultimately whilst Wickham is definitely improving in the wide left role, we can't expect Fletcher to play 90 mins each game, in fact far from it. And if we are going to keep playing Wickham there then the only alternative up front is Altidore and we all know his race is run. So sign a Borini style player thus allowing us to use Wickham up front or ironically sign another striker and effectively consign Wickham from playing up front at all, despite it being his preferred position!

A proper left winger but out of the two, Wickham, his bulk scares defenders where Borini was pretty easy to show down blind alleys.

Are you ****ing serious? Borini - by the distance to the next nearest galaxy.

FFS.

I'd like to see a % of shots/shots on target, I reckon it will be way higher than Connor's?
I'd like to see that stat as well. Wickham has scored off of one shot this season, and he shoots more than anyone else on the team. I'm guessing 3 shots a game. That gives 1 goal off of 51 shots. Maybe that shot total is high, but it seems about right. Regardless, % of shots on target would be pretty low I would guess.

borini surely would have bagged a couple yesterday, the larrson effort and johnsons 1 on one

He scored 4 goals all season, from open play...
I really don't where his reputation has come from.
His total record in the PL is 8 goals in 55 appearances.

He scored 4 goals all season, from open play...
I really don't where his reputation has come from.
His total record in the PL is 8 goals in 55 appearances.
He's one of the best penalty takers I've ever seen, but otherwise I agree with you.

Wickham by a mile
Offers an aerial outlet
Set pieces we look dangerous
Powerful shots
Got a cross on him (as proven yesterday and thriughout the season)
Young, more potential I'd say
Hold up play they're poles apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back