Wickham or borini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickham had done quite well on the left but borini is a more natural fit for that position in the team.

I would have said Borini about a month ago, but I think Wickham is really growing into the role and no longer think it's worth splashing out over £10M for Borini when Wickham is potentially as good in that position.

Borini is is the better player with a bit more experience. Wickham has the attributes to do very well. It will be interesting to see how Wickham does in a team that is looking up rather than down - hopefully with a decent run and learning what Gus wants he can do very well in that position. After seeing the contrasting fortunes of the two players yesterday, I'd still rather have Wickham.

Someone did a statistical breakdown on here comparing the two (as best as that's possible) and Wickham came out convincingly ahead, which was a bit of a surprise to me but there you go.

I would have said Borini about a month ago, but I think Wickham is really growing into the role and no longer think it's worth splashing out over £10M for Borini when Wickham is potentially as good in that position.
Tend to agree with this . But the plus side of this is that we would have a much stronger hand to negotiate with if we were to go back in for him - a take it or leave it offer . What price would you be willing to give (if any) for him now and if we did get him would you see him as first teamer or squad player .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back