Wickham joins Palace on 5 year deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry like but he isnt "f***ing shit".

He ain't good enough though. Not for us. Did OK but didn't get the goals we needed. Didn't have the consistency I think.

Better the devil you don't than the devil you do in this case. A club without him I think is a better prospect than one with him.

Altidore was just shite. Wickham has the skills, with a head full of bubbles.
I'm not a fan of the modern footballer. I only caught the back end of real footballers when tackling was allowed.but this prick just typifies everything there is to hate in the game now. Endless talent which he fails to use any of regularly and a complete f***ing poser. Good for all parties regardless of what he does with rest of career

Just pretty embarrassing that people spout shite like that and actually believe it.
Dear me, the mighty potential of 5 years has gone elsewhere. We are poorer how? A million more than we paid for the fake who has produced nothing, and a lump

Just pretty embarrassing that people spout shite like that and actually believe it.
So he gave us what? Potential? Aggression? Ability? Goals? Go on then. The point of Wickham was.......

Last edited:
I've been watching Sunderland for over 40 years and I've not seen a player with worse decision making than him (considering what we payed for him). He certainly has the skill, but as a player in the top league it was frustrating as fuck watching him constantly taking the wrong choice. Pardew might get a tune out of him, but I'd be amazed considering how many of our managers haven't fancied him in his time here.

I'm also not sure him living down London is such a great idea.
Agree with although I always felt well hoped better experience will come with age.

^ 100% this.

To sum him up:
He shoots when he should take another touch & takes another touch when he should shoot.
Or shoots when he should pass and vice versa

I'm not a fan of the modern footballer. I only caught the back end of real footballers when tackling was allowed.but this prick just typifies everything there is to hate in the game now. Endless talent which he fails to use any of regularly and a complete f***ing poser. Good for all parties regardless of what he does with rest of career
Exactlty my point Hank. Regardless of how poor we have been ( and we who go know ) the very least we expect is guts, heart, effort and commitment to the fans that pay stupid money to follow this fantastic club. Wickham is an example who didn't understand or seem to care about any of the artributes we love and define our passion. We are well rid.

Exactlty my point Hank. Regardless of how poor we have been ( and we who go know ) the very least we expect is guts, heart, effort and commitment to the fans that pay stupid money to follow this fantastic club. Wickham is an example who didn't understand or seem to care about any of the artributes we love and define our passion. We are well rid.
Don't get me wrong. In recent times he did his job by scoring some very important goals. But that was his job. Not a passion for the club or never say die attitude. It is simply a job. We as fans don't see it as that we see it as a commitment and a love. Players like cattermole using his full ability and larrson doing the same but giving 100% week in week out are our closest players to being old school and bridging the gap between fans and players

Dear me, the mighty potential of 5 years has gone elsewhere. We are poorer how? A million more than we paid for the fake who has produced nothing, and a lump

So he gave us what? Potential? Aggression? Ability? Goals? Go on then. The point of Wickham was.......

So you're completely ignoring the point you originally made now because you realise it was utter shite?

So you're completely ignoring the point you originally made now because you realise it was utter shite?
What point exactly? Again you are making assumptions as you generally do. Specifically?

Don't get me wrong. In recent times he did his job by scoring some very important goals. But that was his job. Not a passion for the club or never say die attitude. It is simply a job. We as fans don't see it as that we see it as a commitment and a love. Players like cattermole using his full ability and larrson doing the same but giving 100% week in week out are our closest players to being old school and bridging the gap between fans and players
Not an argument with a single point there mate, very accurate and decent post.

Answer his question ! In fact don't bother. Answer mine.
What was the point of Conner Wickham ?
In footballing terms he was impotent.
You of all people (your avatar name) should at least recognise that - surely.

If we get our money back on him its a crackin bit of business by Conga. As I pointed out on another thread "a rising tide lifts all ships" but ffs Wickams boat was well overloaded.
Hopefully we wont be buying a centre forward type to replace him IF we're planning on keeping Fletcher and Graham.

Wickham our best player.....youll be telling me rodwell is a world beater next
If you carefully read my post again you'll see I said he is one of our better players. Ie better than Graham, Fletcher, Bridcutt, Buckley, Roberge.. Which of course, he is. Or rather was. :)

If wickham was one of our best then we will be relegated now he's fucked off. In reallity world, he was a f***ing fake shite who only loved his ego and the money. Great chance to develop and grow here. Not f***ing interested because it meant grafting and consistently. We are well rid.
Whoa there. He was streets ahead of Buckley, Bridcutt, Graham et al. Take a deep breath and apply some reasoned thought to this situation. :)

What point exactly? Again you are making assumptions as you generally do. Specifically?

Your original point about him only caring about his ego and money, you said the words. How the fuck would I be making an assumption about anything? :lol:

Answer his question ! In fact don't bother. Answer mine.
What was the point of Conner Wickham ?
In footballing terms he was impotent.
You of all people (your avatar name) should at least recognise that - surely.

I really can't be arsed to argue about his ability again for about the hundreth time on this thread, the same people will say one thing and then the same people just gets disagree. I've done it enough on this thread if you're really that interested. People don't rate him and that's fine, I disagree with it but it's all just opinions isn't it?

Personally think he showed more than enough as a central striker when he played with an intelligent front line with Borini and Johnson to show that he's a good footballer and we'll be weaker off without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back