Wickham joins Palace on 5 year deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry like but he isnt "f***ing shit".

Been at Safc for 4 years. Never scored more than 6 goals per season. Has an horrendous touch, gets out muscles off the ball 75% of the time, even though he is huge. Doesn't win headers, has an awful habit of holding onto the ball for an age and the chance is gone, erratic shooting. The list goes on. He works hard, is still only 22 and is English. Simply the only reason 9m is getting spent. He may go on to improve but Safc can not wait any longer. We were desperate for a powerful forward and we choose Defoe, Graham and Fletcher over Wickham. That should tell any Palace fan what type of player they are getting.

Been at Safc for 4 years. Never scored more than 6 goals per season. Has an horrendous touch, gets out muscles off the ball 75% of the time, even though he is huge. Doesn't win headers, has an awful habit of holding onto the ball for an age and the chance is gone, erratic shooting. The list goes on. He works hard, is still only 22 and is English. Simply the only reason 9m is getting spent. He may go on to improve but Safc can not wait any longer. We were desperate for a powerful forward and we choose Defoe, Graham and Fletcher over Wickham. That should tell any Palace fan what type of player they are getting.

Its clear me and you are never going to agree on this matter mate, so i think we should agree to disagree. I think he's a decent player and one thats going to get better. Considering the options we have in his position im not sure its a great idea to sell him but i understand why the club is doing it. I dont want to say too much until his replacements are brought in. I really want them to be better, after all im a Sunderland fan.

Its clear me and you are never going to agree on this matter mate, so i think we should agree to disagree. I think he's a decent player and one thats going to get better. Considering the options we have in his position im not sure its a great idea to sell him but i understand why the club is doing it. I dont want to say too much until his replacements are brought in. I really want them to be better, after all im a Sunderland fan.

Fair enough fella. It's all opinions of course.

I would imagine that he has recovered his full initial fee when considering the latest sale plus any loan fees that we made on him,. I guess that he has only cost his wages when actually here and partial wages when on loan. He kept us up under Gus and contributed with goals entourage to the Cup Final. I guess that he must have paid for himself in that respect. More than some.....Good luck Connor

Im pleased that we gave him a new contract and the opportunity with that new contract to show everyone what ability he has, but he simply just didnt look like a decent footballer for most of the time he was here.

Poor with many of the basic skills, but at least he has strength. Happy anyway that we got our money back on him, and good look to him at Palace.

Be amazed if he gets into double figures ever. Has never done that here. Palace are not some elite team. Seriously, most have watched in for the last 5 years. I don't know how people can have the opinion that he is going to suddenly transform into a prolific forward player. His shooting is abysmal. His touch is horrific. He works hard but doesn't use his size.

Agree with this. His stats from last season make appalling reading. Fletcher scored the same as him having only had 37 shots. Wickham scored 5 from 83. Infact 1 of CWs goals was kicked off him so that wouldn't even count.

44 shots inside the area, 39 outside the area (non of which that went in).

I've been watching Sunderland for over 40 years and I've not seen a player with worse decision making than him (considering what we payed for him). He certainly has the skill, but as a player in the top league it was frustrating as fuck watching him constantly taking the wrong choice. Pardew might get a tune out of him, but I'd be amazed considering how many of our managers haven't fancied him in his time here.

I'm also not sure him living down London is such a great idea.

:)
You sell your best players to make a better team. Perhaps you could use your crayons to draw a picture of a better team. Created by selling our best players. Lovely.
If wickham was one of our best then we will be relegated now he's fucked off. In reallity world, he was a f***ing fake shite who only loved his ego and the money. Great chance to develop and grow here. Not f***ing interested because it meant grafting and consistently. We are well rid.

I've been watching Sunderland for over 40 years and I've not seen a player with worse decision making than him (considering what we payed for him). He certainly has the skill, but as a player in the top league it was frustrating as fuck watching him constantly taking the wrong choice. Pardew might get a tune out of him, but I'd be amazed considering how many of our managers haven't fancied him in his time here.

^ 100% this.

To sum him up:
He shoots when he should take another touch & takes another touch when he should shoot.

Poorest decision maker I have seen in 35 years of watching safc. Didn't ever hide, but you could almost guarantee he would opt for the Bulls knacker of a pass/shot/holding up of the ball every time, instead of the way more favourable one.

Infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back