Wickham joins Palace on 5 year deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
oy, post: 20978722, member: 18839"]The person who posted the tweet is the Ssn reporter for the NE and the picture of wickham with a palace shirt is giveaway there mate ;)[/QUOTE]
It came on as I
The person who posted the tweet is the Ssn reporter for the NE and the picture of wickham with a palace shirt is giveaway there mate ;)
Not when I posted it wasnt

Got a horrible gut feel he'll do well. I'm hoping that the pseudo champagne life he chases here he will get to exploit darn sarf.

to justify their buys in some cases? I mean Altidore, Christ. I get what your saying but I think Wickham is better than those three and Pardew clearly rates him. Anyway, hopefully we'll sign Huntelaar :)

;)

"This is an important signing because the striking area is one we really had to improve," Pardew said

"We have looked at Riviére/Wickham for a while and we know he will score goals for us.

"He is quick, hungry for success and will love having 50,000 Geordies/Cockneys cheering him on and singing his name."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/parde...-boy-riviere-140717102297#bEPh6o29zyFFBdrp.99

In those 36 league matches, the youngster scored five goals, created 21 chances, had a pass accuracy of 65% and a shot accuracy of 43%, and won 95 headers, 43 dribbles and 41 tackles.
Alternatively, wasted God knows how many chances, 35% of his passes were wayward, 57% of his shots were inaccurate, lost headers unknown, 43 dribbles to where? should be 141 tackles but he couldn't be arsed, plus fell over unchallenged innumerable times, out muscled by people half his size regularly.
Good luck Palace.

All about the replacement for me. If we sell wickham and replace him with loans and a cheap forward for like £3m then it's not exactly moving forward from the club.

We need to reinvest this money in a forward

So it's all about the replacement but if the replacement costs £3m then it's about his price tag and not his ability. Clear as mud.

Wickham was a lot more versatile/quicker hence why he could do a job of sorts on the left. Yeah let's see what the club comes come up with I just think people should cut the lad a bit of slack, he did play a key role in keeping us up - unfortunately I bet that bastard Pardew gets a tune out of him.
I don't blame either Whickham, Fletcher or Graham for any flaws in their games. Fletcher came from a relegated side and was never prolific so fair enough. Graham was cheap for a striker but was limited by a lack of pace and he's played OK and just about how he did at Swansea but without a run in the side. When we bought Wickham from Ipswich they ha already resorted to moving him wide. I presume the hope was/is that he matures physically and mentally and can lead the line. In his case it's looking unlikely that he's capable of improvement. We can't carry three flawed players even if we knew about those flaws when we bought them. It's not the player''s fault really.

He will do well for them imo, right manager, right location.

We look as though we are moving quickly, and in the right direction if we get these lads in.

Thank fuck that useless c unt is gone. He was utterly shite.

Well done Safc. Now peddle Fletcher please.

I'm hearing 6m possibly rising to 9.5m if that's true then it's f***ing awful business yet again on our part. Unless we bring in a Pato or Sow.

Terrible business getting potentially less than we paid for him when there was no need to sell him over Graham or Fletcher or even defoe.

The mugs running this club need a f***ing slap.

You can only sell if people want to buy.

I'm indifferent tbh, wouldn't mind if any of our forwards got sold, even Defoe, he'll be good for another year but if we could shift him off the wage bill now then so be it, that goal aside he was pretty shocking last season. Clear the decks and bring in two or three strikers fit for purpose.

Wickham maybe deserved a run at CF but I still dont think he would have been anywhere near prolific enough to hold onto the position.

I hope he has a mare a Palace tbh, not because I dislike him, but I dislike Palace and Pardew immensely and on the whole I hate it when our players leave and go on to better things. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back