Tories tearing each other apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am perplexed about the whole thing. Not just jezza.
Well here's some contributions today from Jeremy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jer...um-young-people_b_10210102.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

And from John McDonnell who has slated Sadiq Khan for appearing on the same platform as the Prime Minister. Perhaps Sadiq Khan is a 'Red Tory'? I don't know, although probably, because I think @monkeytassle's definition is the right one. Well done John, the message is really getting through.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ith-tories-discredits-labour?CMP=share_btn_tw

The question is, why does Gideon have to borrow so much? The response would be to service the ridiculous amounts of benefits introduced by Labour, the increased interest repayable on PFI loans and so forth.

At least the Tories have cut the link between Social Housing rents and Private sector rents, which will reduce housing benefits which doubled under the previous brilliant idea of increasing Social housing rates to match Private sector rents, but without having the wit or intelligence to find a way to cap Private sector rents first! Social sector rents have fallen by 1% this year and will continue to fall in the future with further reductions over the next couple of years. This measure alone will reduce the Housing Benefit bill.
OK then, so why don't the Tories just 'go Tory' and abolish Welfare? Completely. They talk the f***ing talk but shit themselves at the thought of walking the walk.

Incidentally, had there been a Tory Government during the Blair years, would they have done anything substantially different? They would certainly have increased social housing rents, in line with private housing, if they hadn't flogged the fuckers off first. And as for the Tories capping private rents! :lol: Really???

Last edited:
OK then, so why don't the Tories just 'go Tory' and abolish Welfare? Completely. They talk the f***ing talk but shit themselves at the thought of walking the walk.

Incidentally, had there been a Tory Government during the Blair years, would they have done anything substantially different? They would certainly have increased social housing rents, in line with private housing, if they hadn't flogged the fuckers off first. And as for the Tories capping private rents! :lol: Really???

Labour didn't cap them either, and they had plenty of time in which to do so, but it would have annoyed the people who give them money.

Those are percentage increase so welfare spending has always gone up in real terms, it's just the rate of the increase that has changed. The bulk of that will be pensions of course.

It's funny how social housing was affordable for decades before councils were forced to sell off their stocks.

It's funny how during that same time period that social housing rents was affordable, private housing prices were reasonably stable. The real elephant in the room is the price of private housing. Sort that out, and a hell of a lot of housing problems would go away. But as long as Joe Public thinks he is rich because his house has gained in value then everything is sweet.

Labour didn't cap them either, and they had plenty of time in which to do so, but it would have annoyed the people who give them money.

Could have sworn the Conservative Party of the time pledged to match Labour's spending and also pledged further deregulation of the financial sector?

I could understand criticising labours lack of economic prudence from a neutral perspective, but to this day it baffles me how the Conservatives are viewed as being much more fiscally responsible.

Could have sworn the Conservative Party of the time pledged to match Labour's spending and also pledged further deregulation of the financial sector?

I could understand criticising labours lack of economic prudence from a neutral perspective, but to this day it baffles me how the Conservatives are viewed as being much more fiscally responsible.
This is incorrect

And from John McDonnell who has slated Sadiq Khan for appearing on the same platform as the Prime Minister. Perhaps Sadiq Khan is a 'Red Tory'? I don't know, although probably, because I think @monkeytassle's definition is the right one. Well done John, the message is really getting through.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ith-tories-discredits-labour?CMP=share_btn_tw
Clearly, the painful lessons learned from sharing a platform with the Conservatives in Scotland have been learnt in some parts of the party.

Clearly, the painful lessons learned from sharing a platform with the Conservatives in Scotland have been learnt in some parts of the party.
You've learnt the lines well. And quickly.

Resign and bugger off to the back benches. Labour is going nowhere with the High Sparrow and his nutty mates in charge
Well that's not going to happen is it? It's easy to be negative and just criticise. Corbyn's the democratically elected leader of the Labour Party and that's not going to change any time soon. So what policies would you like to see him introduce? Or are you perfectly happy to see the Tories continue with their efforts to transfer even more wealth from the have nots to the haves?

Well that's not going to happen is it? It's easy to be negative and just criticise. Corbyn's the democratically elected leader of the Labour Party and that's not going to change any time soon. So what policies would you like to see him introduce? Or are you perfectly happy to see the Tories continue with their efforts to transfer even more wealth from the have nots to the haves?
Anything would be a good start.he want elected to be an impotent moron which is pretty much what he is right now.

Anything would be a good start.he want elected to be an impotent moron which is pretty much what he is right now.

Hardly, he has got some hugely radical policies if you can be arsed to listen. Renationalising the rail and energy companies as he worries such cores services are in the hands of foreign companies, a massive social housing building programme, dealing with the likes of ISIS and Syria by shutting off the supply of money rather than bombing civilians (which even Tony Blair admits is not working without a ground invasion). Ending Austerity as it is crippling the economy. Creating a National Education Service and abolishing tuition fees..........Not really sure how anybody who did a nano second of research would not already know this. Real issue here is you dont want to know, you just want to attack him for wearing cheap suits etc.

They dont care about what policies he has, they dont care how radical his programme is (it couldnt be more so after years of wishy washy middle ground failure). They dont actually know anything about him other than headlines about suits, not bowing deeply enough and bull shit accusations about being a terrorist sympathiser as written in the Murdoch press.

Hardly, he has got some hugely radical policies if you can be arsed to listen. Renationalising the rail and energy companies as he worries such cores services are in the hands of foreign companies, a massive social housing building programme, dealing with the likes of ISIS and Syria by shutting off the supply of money rather than bombing civilians (which even Tony Blair admits is not working without a ground invasion). Ending Austerity as it is crippling the economy. Creating a National Education Service and abolishing tuition fees..........Not really sure how anybody who did a nano second of research would not already know this. Real issue here is you dont want to know, you just want to attack him for wearing cheap suits etc.

They dont care about what policies he has, they dont care how radical his programme is (it couldnt be more so after years of wishy washy middle ground failure). They dont actually know anything about him other than headlines about suits, not bowing deeply enough and bull shit accusations about being a terrorist sympathiser as written in the Murdoch press.

I wish I was as intelligent as you are and able to see through this media spin :(:(:(

I wish I was as intelligent as you are and able to see through this media spin :(:(:(

I wish you were too, although it doesnt really require intelligence tbh, simply developing the ability to look beyond the end of your nose will do it.

See, again with the abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back