This summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Border line disgrace for how many players we've brought to the club, IMO. 3 players at this stage is shocking, especially considering how poor & small our squad was/is.
Congerton better pull his finger out and fast.

Were going down! You tell'em mate!! :lol:
The board are just keeping our T.V money. Ellis is gonna have us like Blackpool in 2 year. This is not where our club is about!

Last edited:
If it makes you happy to believe that then good on you.

The notion of a yes or a no being the answer is made redundant when you think of how much Liverpool are fighting to put Fabio out the door and in through ours. The concept of 'out of favour' is something the big clubs clearly are not familiar with. They keep them anyway. I would do somersaults of Roker Pier if we got Danny and Fabio. But I know when it comes to smaller clubs they are not willing to let them go easily; no matter how little they are in the plans.

Let's all hope the tide is out

Border line disgrace for how many players we've brought to the club, IMO. 3 players at this stage is shocking, especially considering how poor & small our squad was/is.
Congerton better pull his finger out and fast.
When you hit puberty you'll discover wanking and it will help soothe your fevered brow and the stress will disappear.

Are they obviously succeeding? No. THAT is the problem. At every attempt they are being faced with obstacles that stop them from signing players.

Understand the point you make, but I still don't see how its a disgrace when its not the club putting the obstacles there.

Gan on about players need time to settle and gel then sign people last minute every year

Nothing is a "disgrace". But it is evident that it is harder to attract players than was hoped/believed. We seem to be prepared to pay for the right player given bid for Borini so it is all confusing/bemusing. Either the club is not selling itself well enough or the wages being offered are too low. We have an excellent manager, imho. It would be a shame and a big opportunity missed if we couldn't back him enough to get in the type of player that he wants. Am not saying that we should spend a fortune but taking the budget options all the time has got us nowhere.

I mentioned it on another thread, stupid to pass judgement as we are all blind to the behind the scenes stuff, but you can't deny it was foolish for Congers to come out and talk about getting the majority of our business sorted before the world cup, and talk of "Statement signings" and end up in our current predicament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back