this progress that Poyet alludes to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is though, could haves and maybes dont count. Only points do. I'd happily play shite for 13 games if we won them 1-0, then had 25 games where we picked up another 10-15 points, if it meant a 10th place finish or better. But same old Sunderland, we seem to do well against the better teams, draw against the newly promoted ones, and get beat off those around us.
Why is it that Southampton, despite having been in the league a shorter time than us, are seen as ahead of us? Why are Swansea? Why Newcastle? They're bottom, but no pundit dare suggest they will be relegated, yet with us, they say its possible.... whys that then?
cant answer your questions unfortunately but its annoying that it is factual , fwiw i dont think they will be anywhere near relegation

I appreciate what poyet is trying to do but I think this style needs speeding up.

I agree that theyre getting better at doing what he wants.....I just wish what he wants was done at a higher tempo
hopefully it will

Put it this way, you know when you used to watch premiership games where we weren't involved and you could see that both sides were in the top division, then our game would roll along and it would look and feel a lot different. Well, it wasn't like that yesterday.
Spot on marra.

cant answer your questions unfortunately but its annoying that it is factual , fwiw i dont think they will be anywhere near relegation

I know its early days. Its a short step from "played 6, points 5" to "Played 15, points 11" then "Played 20, points 14"...... etc

I dont have much confidence in any of the current strikers. Their form is pretty woeful and the warning signs have been there since pre-season, for anyone who wanted to see them.

Put it this way, you know when you used to watch premiership games where we weren't involved and you could see that both sides were in the top division, then our game would roll along and it would look and feel a lot different. Well, it wasn't like that yesterday.
However, in some of the other matches this season, ....

Only the bedwetters can't.

Every bit of our game is better except the finishing. That won't be fixed till January at the earliest.

Just need to up the tempo, quicker passing and hopefully one of our strikers starts to take chances.

Concerning that we haven't won yet despite having comfortable-ish fixtures.

We've drawn against west brom away, Man Utd, Spurs and Swansea at home. All games we lost last year. How can you not see an improvement.

Only the bedwetters can't.

Every bit of our game is better except the finishing. That won't be fixed till January at the earliest.
We've had 3-4 seasons to fix it and havent.

We've drawn against west brom away, Man Utd, Spurs and Swansea at home. All games we lost last year. How can you not see an improvement.
Its only an improvement if we win the games we won last year. If we draw or lose them, it isnt.

We've had 3-4 seasons to fix it and havent.

Its only an improvement if we win the games we won last year. If we draw or lose them, it isnt.
Of course it f***ing is. We've improved on those results from last year, games we haven't played yet have no bearing on that whatsoever.

Of course it f***ing is. We've improved on those results from last year, games we haven't played yet have no bearing on that whatsoever.
They do, if we end up with a lower total points tally on account of not at least matching the previous years performance. I would have thought that was self evident.

we might not win those games ergo, despite the facts, we have not improved

They do, if we end up with a lower total points tally on account of not at least matching the previous years performance. I would have thought that was self evident.
however so far we have improved.

The Point I'm trying to make is this.

Last year, we play teams A B and C

We lose to A, lose to B and Beat C

This year, We draw with A, Draw with B, so it looks like we're improving. Then we draw with C

The nett result is 3 points last year. Three points this year.

Until we play a season, we wont know if we've improved or not.

we might not win those games ergo, despite the facts, we have not improved

I'm not arsed about games we haven't played, based on the games we've played so far, our performances and result have improved.

Obviously it may be different at the end of the season, I really don't expect us to improve on our results at Stamford bridge and old Trafford. At this point last season we had no points iirc possibly one. Now we have five, four of those in games that we got nowt from in the corresponding fixture last year. We look solid at the back too. If that's not an omprovement on last season I don't know what is.

West Brom have just tonked Burnley. We couldnt. West Brom are not world beaters.

My only real concern is we might need to grind it out until January where we can get a decent striker in. The other areas I'm relatively happy with.

The Point I'm trying to make is this.

Last year, we play teams A B and C

We lose to A, lose to B and Beat C

This year, We draw with A, Draw with B, so it looks like we're improving. Then we draw with C

The nett result is 3 points last year. Three points this year.

Until we play a season, we wont know if we've improved or not.
but we have shown improvement so far

I do get what you're saying, but we have people in tears on here after a defeat. What you're saying is man up, shut the fuck up and wait till the end of the season. I agree wholeheartedly and can't wait for you to tell all and sundry when we lose two or three in a row.

West Brom have just tonked Burnley. We couldnt. West Brom are not world beaters.
it doesn't matter mate, not till the end of the season

but we have shown improvement so far

I do get what you're saying, but we have people in tears on here after a defeat. What you're saying is man up, shut the fuck up and wait till the end of the season. I agree wholeheartedly and can't wait for you to tell all and sundry when we lose two or three in a row.

It'll be easier to see if we're better off by Christmas. If we're not in the bottom 3, we've improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back