this progress that Poyet alludes to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the improvement from Burnley to Swansea. Over the 6 games? Probably about the same as last season. Still too slow too often and the midfield 3 is still inept in the final third. We made a right arse of the transfer window.

can everybody see it

why aye man , that must be a very dodgy stream you're watching :)

Uniquely amongst the managers who've paced the SoL technical area in this premier league stretch, he has changed the way we play.

My concern is that it could well be possible that if you adopt a measured passing possession game with our quality of players then you may actually be less successful than our time honoured " lash it up to the big man " approach .

By the time we've knocked it around the back four a bit, our opposition have as many as they want behind the ball . Players that can unlock a "ready and waiting" premiership defence are hard to come by.

I can, i think we're playing much better football, wish it was a little bit quicker at times, and we were by far the better side yesterday and we're very unlucky, and I think we're very very close to having a good exciting side to watch which I personally have not seen since the peter Reid era!
We've been close to it for years now, but never actually get there.

Yes. I'm not quite sure how to measure this mind, as Swansea seemed shite from start to finish and have to hope it was mainly down to our play that they looked so crap.

why aye man , that must be a very dodgy stream you're watching :)

Uniquely amongst the managers who've paced the SoL technical area in this premier league stretch, he has changed the way we play.

My concern is that it could well be possible that if you adopt a measured passing possession game with our quality of players then you may actually be less successful than our time honoured " lash it up to the big man " approach .

By the time we've knocked it around the back four a bit, our opposition have as many as they want behind the ball . Players that can unlock a "ready and waiting" premiership defence are hard to come by.
i actually agree we havnt the players to play it and have said it since last season , u wud think Poyet would

the key to the type of formation we are using is the full backs and their partnerships with the wide men, Jones and Van Aanholt might be able to play in the way we need them to but I worry what will happen if one or both of them get injured or suspended.

the key to the type of formation we are using is the full backs and their partnerships with the wide men, Jones and Van Aanholt might be able to play in the way we need them to but I worry what will happen if one or both of them get injured or suspended.
I'd say the key is an Iniesta triple threat type, might shoot, might pass , might beat his man.

We ain't got one :(

Gus was well pleased. Managers don't half talk some crap sometimes to defend their own position, or to protect their side after a poor performance. But Poyet seemed genuinely happy with the performance, if not the result.

He also singled out Wickham performance as for credit.

Feeling (slightly) more confident than I did last season. I'm not expecting miracles overnight, and I can see vast improvement in our passing and commitment, it s just that final bit of flare that seems to be craftily alluding us.

It is a long steady process to mould and shape shite into something sweet and wonderful - just keep the faith lads and lasses, we will get stronger.

I agree. Swansea looked crap because headband and PVA kept them concerned wide all match, and Catts broke up anything in the middle. That allowed the midfield to actually support the striker who, for once, didn't have to hold up the ball for 10 seconds waiting for help to arrive and, for once, got some service in the box. I thought we looked dangerous and not Burnley slow the whole match. The strikers just didn't tap in three golden chances, and midfield shooting from distance was off, but we were in control, and it started with the wide defenders.

I can, i think we're playing much better football, wish it was a little bit quicker at times, and we were by far the better side yesterday and we're very unlucky, and I think we're very very close to having a good exciting side to watch which I personally have not seen since the peter Reid era!
our football has been far from good

Put it this way, you know when you used to watch premiership games where we weren't involved and you could see that both sides were in the top division, then our game would roll along and it would look and feel a lot different. Well, it wasn't like that yesterday.

Give. Me. That. Success. Now. Or. I. Will. Shit. In. Your. f***ing. Knicker. Drawer, Poyet.

PURE FANNIES should be the sub-forum here.

Yes

But only when wearing my glasses

Logon or register to see this image
Are you taking the piss? It took a miracle to keep us up last season and we did. We are picking up points even though, as you say, we are playing bad.

I can see the improvement from Burnley to Swansea. Over the 6 games? Probably about the same as last season. Still too slow too often and the midfield 3 is still inept in the final third. We made a right arse of the transfer window.

Last season - 1st six games drew one, lost 5. This season lost one drew 5. Aye virtually identical to last season.

Give. Me. That. Success. Now. Or. I. Will. Shit. In. Your. f***ing. Knicker. Drawer, Poyet.

PURE FANNIES should be the sub-forum here.

Are you taking the piss? It took a miracle to keep us up last season and we did. We are picking up points even though, as you say, we are playing bad.

As you have said, it took a miracle to keep us up last season, so do we think miracles can happen twice ?
Look, its early in the season yet and many stronger sides are struggling, look at Liverpool and Everton.
Do we think really think we will finish just below them? Unlikely.
The question being asked is have we seen improvement , and to be honest its hard to find it other than the -1 goal difference.
The major concern is our obvious lack of goal scoring threat, one which has been obvious for so long , yet we have again failed to address.
You have to win games and score goals in the Premiership to stay in the league , both areas we are sadly lacking in.

As you have said, it took a miracle to keep us up last season, so do we think miracles can happen twice ?
Not only that, but do they really think the Gus Poyet interviewed after the Spurs or Everton games was the person responsible for motivating the players to go out and do the miracle by winning those next 4 matches? Before losing the last one at home again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back