The South Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens at a lot of grounds so not sure why we seem to get stick for it when others don't. I rarely do it but went at 70 mins during the Norwich game..

I use the park and ride and always clap every last plater off the pitch and down the tunnel. Yes, happy clapper etc. Must admit though, loads must have gone early as when I finally got on the bus, it was the last one probably only a dozen or so behind me in the queue. So, yep I reckon they pissed off early to get an early park and ride bus, wimps!

It's the whole 'I don't want to stand in a queue' mindset

The mass exodus comes down to the amount of fans in the stadium on freebies (or cheap tickets) imo. I'll get slated for that like but it's true. 2 of the people I was with yesterday were there on freebies because they'd been entered into a ticket draw (for the Watford game) that they won and as a result received free tickets yesterday too. The only condition of the ticket draw is you must make a small donation to a certain charity.

If you haven't paid, you're quite happy to see most of the match then go home.

....and I agree that the crowd was subdued throughout. After the decades of disappointment I think we are prone to be a nervy home crowd, especially in important, tight games like yesterday, but I could never criticise the support - truly magnificent and the envy of most.

The mass exodus comes down to the amount of fans in the stadium on freebies (or cheap tickets) imo. I'll get slated for that like but it's true. 2 of the people I was with yesterday were there on freebies because they'd been entered into a ticket draw (for the Watford game) that they won and as a result received free tickets yesterday too. The only condition of the ticket draw is you must make a small donation to a certain charity.

If you haven't paid, you're quite happy to see most of the match then go home.
I've spoken to people on freebies at work and they've regularly left at half time!! - you might have a point.

Quiet and nervy or subdued until watmore came on, same as the team really.

The number of people who left early today was surely even higher than usual, Ive always been of the opinion uif your teams put an effort in you applaud them off the pitch and today they really made an effort to go around and thank the fans after the game, hoying shirts to kids and walking to the stands. Problem was they wer at least half empty by then, it e really cant have a good mental effect on a tired player looking around seeing that.

Flip side of that of course is the number of people that tured up to watch us vs stoke. Incredible really after the last few seasons.

I thought it was a tad flat until the back end of the first half. Good second half.

Something I never thought I would say based on their previous poor showings.... But the Stoke fans were decent today. They also brought a few hundred more than normal. Fair play to them.

Amused at the thought of the early leavers just out of sight of the pitch when the roar went up for the first and then walking round the car park when the roar goes up for the second. Almost as amusing as them crossing the Wearmouth Bridge when Rico lashed that late one in vs the mags.

Can never understand people leaving me.

Obviously a few valid reasons but people leaving to get home five minutes early need to give there head a shake.. Especially if we're about win 1 of about 5 home games a season :lol:

I thought it was a tad flat until the back end of the first half. Good second half.

Something I never thought I would say based on their previous poor showings.... But the Stoke fans were decent today. They also brought a few hundred more than normal. Fair play to them.
Free travel is ideal to be fair.

Amused at the thought of the early leavers just out of sight of the pitch when the roar went up for the first and then walking round the car park when the roar goes up for the second. Almost as amusing as them crossing the Wearmouth Bridge when Rico lashed that late one in vs the mags.
Ones I've talked to still try to claim some sort of moral victory - "Got my pints in at the bar before the rush" "I'll see it on match of the day anyway" "Been nice and warm while you're stuck waiting to leave stadium"

Honestly if that's their attitude then why bother even turning up?

Can never understand people leaving me.

Obviously a few valid reasons but people leaving to get home five minutes early need to give there head a shake.. Especially if we're about win 1 of about 5 home games a season :lol:

Free travel is ideal to be fair.
Ah was that it! Obviously works for those that don't travel well usually though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back