The battle of bath lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at the Boilermakers club and caught the last train inot magland before the game. There were coppers all around at the start of the walk from the station to the ground. then they vanished and Mags appeared both sides of the Lane.

It was a bit nasty but all in allnot too nad. Whjat made it unusual was it being such a opitched battle involving so mnay people. usually most stuff back then was more bravado, or a few lone people getting a kicking or the outnumbered lot running off. That afternoon because of the location no one could run away so it was a real set to.

Worst injuries i saw were not from the fighting but from the police dogs who were let loose when the cops finally reappeared.

It was featured as the main story on the next day's front page of the Sunday Sun which sort of cemented its fame.

Everytime I hear about this epic' battle' the story changes completely. Last year I was told it was 50 hardcore Sunderland lot, then it was 200. Then the pubs change name, the sequence of events change aswel.

Who were the goodies and who were the baddies? :D

I was there, nothing was pre arranged, it was just the last train out of Sunderland. We got there only after someone pulled the emergency stop on the bridge. There was a big fat bloke led everyone out of the station can't remember anyone being there, might of been a couple but there were at least 200 safc. Anyway we went straight up past the Waterloo where some mags tried it on the place got smashed to pieces in 1 minute. Next we were up at bath lane and it went mental, what I remember is all the shoes on the ground afterwards. Probably lasted all of 5 minutes long time for a fight. Oh aye getting back was fun as well.

I was there, nothing was pre arranged, it was just the last train out of Sunderland. We got there only after someone pulled the emergency stop on the bridge. There was a big fat bloke led everyone out of the station can't remember anyone being there, might of been a couple but there were at least 200 safc. Anyway we went straight up past the Waterloo where some mags tried it on the place got smashed to pieces in 1 minute. Next we were up at bath lane and it went mental, what I remember is all the shoes on the ground afterwards. Probably lasted all of 5 minutes long time for a fight. Oh aye getting back was fun as well.

What is referred to as the Battle of Bath Lane was actually the last but one train from sunderland.

I watched a movie on that, wasn't our leader at the time someone who came over from America?

He headed the battle line and he alone charged the horde as they stood there perplexed by the daring do of this great yank as an american flag falls from nowhere and lands perfectly on his shoulders as he glasses a gravy stained shirt in the face.

After that all the sunderland fans realised how amazing 'Murica was and began to charge because with out that yank, with out america we as a fighting nation would be nothing.

Oh and the English are bastards.

(the battle of bath lane - Director Mel Gibson)
it was custer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back