Targets should we stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah lets buy more Championship players, you know because that has got us to the fantastic position we are in today!

Yeah lets buy more Championship players, you know because that has got us to the fantastic position we are in today!

this

no point in replacing average pl players with untested championship players. would rather spend a chunk on a couple of players out of favour at the top clubs than spread our cash thin on 10+ unknowns from here there and everywhere. we need players who we know can perform in the pl & will take little to no time adjusting to the move.

I don't think the quality from the championship is in question with the right player. There are players like Hughes and Chalobah who are tipped to make the step up, same as Byram. The issue comes with the mentality of the whole squad the player being brought in.

Wouldn't go with Rhodes for the price we'd have to pay (blackburn paid £8m iirc, they'll want atleast that). Knows were the goal is but something makes me think he'd struggle at the highest level.

IF indeed we do manage to stay up then we will quite a lot of transfer business to do

Ustari, Westwood, Bardsley, Cueller, Dossena, Colback, Larsson, Gardner, Vaughan all out of contract
Vergini, Celustka Ki, Borini and Alonso all go back to their parent clubs
O'Shea, Brown, Mannone and Wickham entering the last 12months of their contracts.

offer Ustari a 2year contract, Brown and O'Shea an extra year on their contracts and tie down Mannone and Wickham to long term deals.
Vergini I hear if we stay up will sign a years loan contract and we should be looking to bring in Ki, Alonso (should be second choice left back IMO) and Borini on permanent deals.

ship out Fletcher, Altidore, Giaccherini, Cabral, Graham, Diakite and N'Diaye

try and spend our way out of trouble - RB, CB, LB, creative CM, W and a proper goalscorer to go straight into the side

easy that manager lark

Nope. Bardsley, Larsson and Colback are decent PL squad players. If they go, they'll only need replacing with similar quality PL players, which will cost the club more money. As it stands, we're going to have to sign 10+ players, again.
Ideal opportunity to rid ourselves of the shit I hope we don't waste it. Let some other mugs pay them their fortunes

Marvin Sordell has been banging them in recently get him
Would rather go for Nakhi Wells tbh, a goal every other game (his 40odd in 80odd includes about 30 sub apps!) he's quick young and can finish, wanted him in Jan but we spent twice as much on Scocco, I know who would have had more impact this season given the match fitness issues of getting a player in from his closed season!.

IF indeed we do manage to stay up then we will quite a lot of transfer business to do

Ustari, Westwood, Bardsley, Cueller, Dossena, Colback, Larsson, Gardner, Vaughan all out of contract
Vergini, Celustka Ki, Borini and Alonso all go back to their parent clubs
O'Shea, Brown, Mannone and Wickham entering the last 12months of their contracts.

offer Ustari a 2year contract, Brown and O'Shea an extra year on their contracts and tie down Mannone and Wickham to long term deals.
Vergini I hear if we stay up will sign a years loan contract and we should be looking to bring in Ki, Alonso (should be second choice left back IMO) and Borini on permanent deals.

ship out Fletcher, Altidore, Giaccherini, Cabral, Graham, Diakite and N'Diaye

try and spend our way out of trouble - RB, CB, LB, creative CM, W and a proper goalscorer to go straight into the side

easy that manager lark
Brown and O'Shea will not be worth another year on their contracts. I'm not sure about Ki and Alonso, Ki's been poor for a while now and I still think Alonso's a poor defender (if we can get somebody else in at left back, fair enough). Doubt Borini will be interested, think he'll have better offers. I also don't think he's a good enough winger in the formation we play, wouldn't mind if we were going to play him as a striker. I agree with the shipping outs and positions needed though.

Cattermole's only got 1 year left too, if Stoke still want him I'd let him go at the end of the season, too much of a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back