Targets should we stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about David villa could get him cheap as well out of contract at athletico soon and may want a new challenge

Buy Olson from Norwich, Caulker, Jonny Evans, Holtby, Welbeck and a pacey left winger, maybe Redmond. Keep Ki, Vergini and especially Borini if possible. New contracts for Bardsley, Colback, Ustari, Larsson, Mannone and Wickham (I know the last two have got a year left but we need to get them tied down now). Sell or just give away Cabral, Graham, Fletcher (or maybe keep him depending on fitness/attitude) and Altidore. And some other stuff.

If we stay up, second division players will get us a second division team. An odd one maybe but we must get away from that.

So, one post says second division despite what we should already know, another says relegated players, this is what's go us in this mess.
So you wouldn't have Steven Caulker at Sunderland?

He has proved he's better than Westwood.
How? Seriously mate how can you come up with such a daft statement! Not saying he is, but unless you have followed Ustaris career in depth then you are talking shit. Typical of hearing a foreign name and presuming he is better than what we have. Pickford has played now at all lower levels and if we go down his next step is the championship which would give us an ideal opportunity to give a local player a chance.

If we stay up, second division players will get us a second division team. An odd one maybe but we must get away from that.

So, one post says second division despite what we should already know, another says relegated players, this is what's go us in this mess.
I'm not advocating filling the team with them, but the players I have mentioned are all young, talented and hungry to improve and impress, so it's worth a punt on two or three of them.

Why would you pay £20 million for him, the exact same player as Borini, good work rate not enough goals
I wouldn't. That's the price that's been quoted in the press.

Buy Olson from Norwich, Caulker, Jonny Evans, Holtby, Welbeck and a pacey left winger, maybe Redmond. Keep Ki, Vergini and especially Borini if possible. New contracts for Bardsley, Colback, Ustari, Larsson, Mannone and Wickham (I know the last two have got a year left but we need to get them tied down now). Sell or just give away Cabral, Graham, Fletcher (or maybe keep him depending on fitness/attitude) and Altidore. And some other stuff.
That's at least £50m worth of signings this summer!

If we're led to believe Congertons brief it's to buy British and unfortunately I imagine our budget will struggle to get us any British players of real quality. An obvious link would be Mancienne due to his Hamburg link (not that I particularly rate him!). Be nice to think if Hamburg go down he could use his links to get us Çalhanhoglu however I imagine he'd attract a lot of attention! In reality though we'll more than likely get relegated and end up with a list of average plodders....

Still think it may be worth giving N'Zogbia the chance to get his career back on track.

New contracts for bardsley and colback ?
Were talking about , if we stop up man !

Given how many players we could lose it's clear we need to do something quite drastic

If we stay up then the easiest way is to try and get at least the better current crop resigned on new contracts. Why I hear you say? Well, they won't involve a transfer fee, they know the club, there is some continuity there rather than wholesale change etc

Then on top of that we really need to target players who have proved themselves as being capable of playing in the PL. Not world beaters, we won't have a chance, but decent young players who've proved themselves. Caulker is a good shout. Perhaps someone like Townsend from Spurs (he's not playing there is he much and they are struggling).

What worries me is that players like Long, Jelavic and Huddlestone for example all ended up at a club like Hull. Either we aren't reading the PL too well and what is available and what would improve us or worse still we try to get players like that and they simply prefer a club like Hull to us!

Given how many players we could lose it's clear we need to do something quite drastic

If we stay up then the easiest way is to try and get at least the better current crop resigned on new contracts. Why I hear you say? Well, they won't involve a transfer fee, they know the club, there is some continuity there rather than wholesale change etc
So something drastic would be to re-sign the shower of shit that got Bruce, O'Neill and Di Canio the sack and played their part in currently getting us to be bottom of the league. Sometimes I despair about this board. "Don't risk signing someone, they might be crap. Save the hassle and sign the players we know aren't up to it" :rolleyes:

POIN
We've had a target list drawn up in case we get relegated, but what about staying up?

I'd personally still look at the likes of Byram, Lees and Lascelles from Leeds and Forrest respectively, there were some murmurings in Italy about Kovacic should we stay up but I think we can discard those![/QUOTE
pointless discussion can ye just wait a couple of weeks?

When we stay up...
Ditch: Bridcutt, Gardner, Jozy, Fletcher and Cuellar.
Re-sign Bardsley, Larsson and Colback.
Try to sign: Ustari, Alonso, Vergini, Ki (to play in the holding midfield role he did well), Welbeck, Holtby, Bryan Ruiz, Borini, a right back, possibly another right back, Bendtner (as his style might actually suit what we're now trying to do) plus another attacking option (maybe Sigurddson?). Sandro, anyone?
:lol::lol::lol::lol: f***ing hell . When did sheikh mansour take over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back