Targets should we stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.

a 20 goal a season striker, a quality centre half, same at right and left back, a ball playing midfielder who is more than a 1 trick pony.

Clear all of the deadwood.

Dear me, if you can't figure out if a keeper is any good by how he reads a game and organizes himself and getting his angles sorted then it's not me that's clueless, do you know what goalkeeping is about by any chance ?
Played as a goalie all my playing life mate and now coach some young uns in the art of catching the ball. Just because a keeper knows his angles does not make him a good goalie, at best it will make him a good shot stopper, as previously stated. Chris Turner was a tremendous keeper but he was deemed too small to ever make the final step to being a top top keeper, Ustari is nowhere near that level. I am not saying he is a bad keeper, at some other league less demanding than ours I am sure he would excel but unfortunately he does not possess all the attributes to be good enough for us. If he is so good with his angles, get him to teach Maths!

Try out deals for Ki, Vergini, and Alonso, Borini too if possible
New contracts for Mannone, Wickham and Ustari
Give N'diaye till Jan to convince Poyet
Caulker
Bryam (or go back in for Peruzzi :p)
Cresswell or Buttner if Man utd get Shaw in
Chalobah on loan
Random 'promising' forward from Europe, I'll say Batshuayi

Larsson at reduced terms for the squad only, as stated. O'Shea is finished. The two things are not related. Logic.

Firstly, why would an international player just around peak age stay on here at reduced terms?

Secondly, back up keepers should be the only position in any team for the "squad only" , why not let Larsson leave and replace him with a player good enough to improve the team.

Thirdly, O'Shea has been immense against two out of three best teams in the league the past week. It would be harder to replace him than Seb.

Yet you'd happily keep an under performing Larsson, you haven't really thought this one out have you :lol:

The only player I would want to sign but probably wouldn't come after such a great season is Curtis Davies. As much as I hate Bruce that has been a fantastic signing for Hull.

We need quality at the back because we own no fullbacks and Brown and O'Shea are ancient. It's pretty simple to me. Lovren, Davies and Caulker all look like good business so far, compare that to what big money on a striker usually gets you.

Firstly, why would an international player just around peak age stay on here at reduced terms?

Secondly, back up keepers should be the only position in any team for the "squad only" , why not let Larsson leave and replace him with a player good enough to improve the team.

Thirdly, O'Shea has been immense against two out of three best teams in the league the past week. It would be harder to replace him than Seb.

Yet you'd happily keep an under performing Larsson, you haven't really thought this one out have you :lol:
So has Larsson

If you want to misconstrue what I wrote for your own strange purposes, please do :rolleyes:.

If Larsson wants similar terms to now and a starting role then "See ya, Seb" (as previously stated). If he accepts his position, as becomes his ability (i.e. squad member, not automatic starter), then fine - he can contribute. There - I hope that is simple enough for you.

O'Shea is crap and finished, but that's just my opinion as someone who has watched and played the game for 40+ years (but no more than that).

It's not me that's not thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back