Stupid things women say

You are just about to go out, table booked, you have been getting ready for 6 minutes, your lass has been getting ready for 6 hours.

Text alert - taxi is outside

She chooses this moment to say ………..

“Does this outfit look ok?”

What does she seriously expect me to say?

I say “yes, you look wonderful tonight”

Thanks for the line God 🎸
Who did this happen to?

Me, last night before we went out.

Taxi was an electric MG just for bonus information

I love cucumber and have one in the fridge. How do you cook them?

I’d love to try them cooked.
There are a few recipes in Chinese and I think Polish cooking. You can pan fry them and stuff or make a soup.

There are a few recipes in Chinese and I think Polish cooking. You can pan fry them and stuff or make a soup.
I’ve had my breakfast and might give it a go for lunch.

@Walter Ego hoped I would choke on my breakfast so maybe he will get his wish with my lunch when I have fried cucumber!

I will update you all later, or maybe I won’t. Life is tricky isn’t it.

Aye, that's the 'over-reaction of the week' award sown up.

Love my wife to bits (in case she reads this), but she does have blonde moments. Thinks the Solway Firth is still part of the Forth Firth whilst we're over there for the weekend, on the other side of the country. Best one a while back when the US pulled out of Gannystan and news was talking of Taliban likely bringing back Sharia Law. She started singing 'that don't impress me much'. I tactfully says to her 'that's Shania Twain you fanny', to which she responds 'oh, am I thinking about a different singer then? Who's Sharia Law?'. I tactfully then bow out of the conversation.
Adding spice to the mix 🤪
Still trying to figure out where the Firth of Fifth is.
You checked your record rack?

Last edited:
The Mazda MX-5 is the most popular ever sports car. I used to own one . One day I was out driving with our lass and I took a corner a little bit too quickly for her taste. She snapped at me "slow down! What do you think you're driving? A sports car??? 😀

The Mazda MX-5 is the most popular ever sports car. I used to own one . One day I was out driving with our lass and I took a corner a little bit too quickly for her taste. She snapped at me "slow down! What do you think you're driving? A sports car??? 😀
In terms of enjoying driving a car the mx5 is up there mind. Audi TT, Vauxhall vx220 and the 911. Very fun and easy to drive.

“Well done, honey!” and “You are so right!” tends to be the most annoying things a woman says. They never mean it! 🤣🤣🤣

I’d kill for one of those.

There is more than one variety of cucumber in the world and I suspect those that are used for cooking contain far less water than the salad cucumber that's popular here in the UK. You would need something that's more akin to a courgrette in terms of water content to cook . If you baked a traditional British cucumber it would probably collapse in to a mush making a soup with it would be OK.

There is more than one variety of cucumber in the world and I suspect those that are used for cooking contain far less water than the salad cucumber that's popular here in the UK. You would need something that's more akin to a courgrette in terms of water content to cook . If you baked a traditional British cucumber it would probably collapse in to a mush making a soup with it would be OK.
Regular UK cucumbers, wok fried, done in the air fryer or put in a soup 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve had two Mk 1s - the second one almost killed me on the A19
I've never really been into fast cars, my tastes run to the Interceptor, Citröen Maserati and E Type but I've recently been introduced to a slew of classic sports cars and muscle cars.
Had to speed to make the last train a few nights ago in a Jurango and that was thrilling as a passenger so looking forward to having a go on the rest 🤗

“Well done, honey!” and “You are so right!” tends to be the most annoying things a woman says. They never mean it! 🤣🤣🤣

I’d kill for one of those.
Never, ever heard those said to me.
I got called last night for no reason at all. Watching Ant & Dec & the crowd were dancing in sync. One fella went the opposite way. “That’d be you”.

Had nowt to do with me.

I've never really been into fast cars, my tastes run to the Interceptor, Citröen Maserati and E Type but I've recently been introduced to a slew of classic sports cars and muscle cars.
Had to speed to make the last train a few nights ago in a Jurango and that was thrilling as a passenger so looking forward to having a go on the rest 🤗
The MX5 mk1 isn’t fast, I had two Japanese imports which are limited to 112mph, although the limiter can be removed if you’re handy with a soldering iron. They aren’t sports cars per se, more roadsters, but as they’re from the 90s they don’t have traction control or any of that gubbins and can be a little tail happy being rear wheel drive. Theyre lethal in the snow and ice unless you’re really into drifting lol

I’ve had an MX5 and it was superb. Great to drive, pin sharp handling and just the right amount of power, never scary just usable.

My mates got a supercar and it’s useless. It’s too big and too powerful, he is terrified of it.

Back