SMB Vegans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been vegetarian for 30yrs.

My daughter and I have been vegan for January, just to give it a go. Felt healthier, lost a couple of pounds (although I have been drinking a lot less too). I don't think I will stick with being a Vegan - too much hard work when I go out, but will definitely reduce the amount of dairy I consume.

Presumably they want everyone to have their diet so if the world suddenly decided to stop eating meat and animal products the worlds livestock would have to be released into the wild because presumably they don't like animals in captivity either. The natural Eco-system would collapse. There'd be f***ing sheep everywhere.
People wouldn't stop eating meat overnight. With the best will in the world it would be a gradual process and if cattle and sheep weren't being eaten they wouldn't be reared in the first place. As the numbers declined the vast areas of land take required to provide the foodstuffs for animals would be hugely reduced but changed to providing foodstuff for direct human consumption. The freed up land take would reverse deforestation which would have a major impact on the natural ecosystem which in turn would flourish rather than be destroyed, as it is being now, to provide the ever increasing amount of meat onto plates. Providing meat for nine billion people is just not sustainable.

Nowt worse than a preachy vegetarian or vegan. I have been a vegetarian for most of my adult life and never make an issue of it. I eat a mostly whole food diet and am fit and healthy. Each to their own but science certainly seems to be slowly condemning what we in the West consider our normal diet (processed meats, added sugar) and I suspect that diets loaded with such things are responsible for a lot of the ailments on the rise such as obesity and dementia.

Reminds me of a job i done a few years back at a hippy climate camp protesting about fracking. I spoke to one of them and asked if having his camp fire was hypocritical seeing as it was damaging the planet in the same way fracking allegedly was but there was more scientific evidence condemning burning fuels. He complained to the superintendant in charge of the op saying i was looking for an argument
Be honest. You were! :lol:;)

You'd think they'd know better to admit it on here if there are.

What a way to live your life.
I'd rather be dead than not eat the tasty pink bastards that are pigs.

They all wear leather shoes though. I've lost count of the number veggie idiots I've known shunning meat whilst wearing leather shoes and bags, eating products containing gelotine, use toothpaste, soap and cosmetics containing glycerin and stearic acid etc etc..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back