SMB Vegans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it's something they're not conscious of or haven't been made aware of. Very difficult to criticise someone for that. It's easier to criticise someone who is aware and makes jokes about not caring.

Everyone is contributing a bit to to the problem but I can't get on board with pisstaking of people who are trying to mitigate their impact. Perhaps the pisstaking is a way of people trying to make themselves feel better about it?
Perhaps.

And perhaps someone might be missing a link between 2 posters who have known each other for over 50 years having a bit of a gentle sparring match.

Perhaps.

We only burn naturally fallen foliage to affect the natural eco-system as little as possible. Fossils have feelings too.
So do plants to be fair. The honorable thing would be to learn to photosynthesise or die trying.

People wouldn't stop eating meat overnight. With the best will in the world it would be a gradual process and if cattle and sheep weren't being eaten they wouldn't be reared in the first place. As the numbers declined the vast areas of land take required to provide the foodstuffs for animals would be hugely reduced but changed to providing foodstuff for direct human consumption. The freed up land take would reverse deforestation which would have a major impact on the natural ecosystem which in turn would flourish rather than be destroyed, as it is being now, to provide the ever increasing amount of meat onto plates. Providing meat for nine billion people is just not sustainable.
Are you saying g sheep farms can convert to Arable?

I hate soya milk but go mad for oat and rice milk. Not quite the same as calf fattening liquid though.

Have you tried nutritional yeast flakes? A vegan bodybuilder I know swears by it, one of his meals is literally a huge plate of steamed kale which he sprinkles this yeast onto. Tastes a bit cheesy apparently.
Isn't yeast an animal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back