Costel Pantilmon - free
Patrick Van Anholt- £1,5 m
Jack Rodwell - £10m
Will Buckley - £2.5 m
Underwhelmed ?
Big time , we all know we are in for another battle v relegation
Nothing learnt from last season ? the season before etc etc
Incompetent from the top to the bottom
Class read, must read again when I'm on the bog! Oh and warra load of complete utter bollox!

In this summer
Billy Jones - free
Jordi Gomez - free
Costel Pantilmon - free
Patrick Van Anholt- £1,5 m
Jack Rodwell - £10m
Will Buckley - £2.5 m
Underwhelmed ?
Big time , we all know we are in for another battle v relegation
Nothing learnt from last season ? the season before etc etc
Incompetent from the top to the bottom
Maybe be more supportive of the club and they might be better? Also I believe Gus poyet has more football knowledge than anybody on here. And the people running the club has better competence at running a football club than anybody on here. Unless somebody on here purchases safc and shows how it's done, then I won't value the opinion other than that of supporters........that is safc supporters and not safc criticisers! Get behind your team

You don't get free players, you pay the transfer fee direct to the player, and his agent of course.
Or build it into his wages. All you get is breathing space on the payment.

A lot of Sunderland players seem to have caught on.

Missing the point that we escaped relegation only due to a four win miracle run right at the end of the season. It was a freak run and shouldn't really be included in assessing how the team preformed over the whole season (final league positions and points).
We got very very lucky, and we chose to ride the luck into this season too.

And you're choosing to ignore the freak start we endured last season under Di Canio and the fact that Poyet had to completely lift morale and belief in the club as well as teach the players how to play his way. That more than balances out the end of season run.

Judging a team or players on how much they cost is stupid and meaningless.

Missing the point that we escaped relegation only due to a four win miracle run right at the end of the season. It was a freak run and shouldn't really be included in assessing how the team preformed over the whole season (final league positions and points).
We got very very lucky, and we chose to ride the luck into this season too.
Well aye, if you aren't able to include four of our wins in our final league position and points its going to increase our chances of going down, mind.

those same fees still apply when you pay a transfer fee, so your argument does not stand up, the transfer fee itself is still free. :lol: ffs
There is no transfer fee though, since there is no transfer. The players are free agents and as such command higher signing on fees than they would, had they been owned by another football club.

Do you understand this steve?

Please tell me you understand.

seriously support yday was quality and just cause the songs were not of your choice does not make us small time. Every team even your beloved manu sing about their rivals. 4000 fans to see us when you generally know we gonna be crap to watch is quality and furthest thing from small time you could get

Couple of hours away and a game many thought we would win. I don't deserve any credit for going yday and neither does anyone else. No one is forced to go. Singing about the mags all game is small time - many agree.

Did you go? No well fuck off

Erm yes I did. I go to many aways every season you balloon :lol:

D

Do they, you honestly think Man U don't sing about City and vice versa?

Course they do. But they don't spend almost an entire half singing about them. We have more songs about ex mags than we do out own players :lol:

Oooh don't be saying that. Can't have a single bad word said about our fans.

It does seem that way, odd.

Last edited:
Maybe be more supportive of the club and they might be better? Also I believe Gus poyet has more football knowledge than anybody on here. And the people running the club has better competence at running a football club than anybody on here. Unless somebody on here purchases safc and shows how it's done, then I won't value the opinion other than that of supporters........that is safc supporters and not safc criticisers! Get behind your team
Seriously ?
I recon 42 years" supporting" my team - through the turnstiles by the way gives me some kind of right to voice an opinion on our transfer policy

i thought van anholt was 4.5m.

And you're choosing to ignore the freak start we endured last season under Di Canio and the fact that Poyet had to completely lift morale and belief in the club as well as teach the players how to play his way. That more than balances out the end of season run.

Judging a team or players on how much they cost is stupid and meaningless.

In that case just use recent form instead and use the last 20 results (a period in which as you say Poyet has had time to transform the team with his style/philosophy). It will back up better what you are saying that the club did a good job during the last transfer window.
Unfortunately from what i've seen so far this season is closer to shite and cluelessness from the start of last season rather than the run at the end of last season.

In that case just use recent form instead and use the last 20 results (a period in which as you say Poyet has had time to transform the team with his style/philosophy). It will back up better what you are saying that the club did a good job during the last transfer window.
Unfortunately from what i've seen so far this season is closer to shite and cluelessness from the start of last season rather than the run at the end of last season.

The thing is that you can't back up your opinion. At the start of last season we had 4 defeats and 1 draw in our first 5 games. This season we have 4 draws and 1 defeat. It took us until the end of October to acquire the same points that we already have now - another 5 weeks. We're miles ahead of where we were under Di Canio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back