Small Time SAFC As Usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our support today was loud.
Tidied marra. I'm undecided about this don't sack Pardew shit. At least it improved as started off as don't sell Pardew! I'd have loved to have had the lads (and lasses) singing encouragement but to be fair the team looked incapable of raising their game to anything above mediocrity - even early doors when it has to be said the support was fantastic, loud and very much pro-Sunderland.

Someone already mentioned the Pardew stuff was only after Hull had scored.

The thing is that you can't back up your opinion. At the start of last season we had 4 defeats and 1 draw in our first 5 games. This season we have 4 draws and 1 defeat. It took us until the end of October to acquire the same points that we already have now - another 5 weeks. We're miles ahead of where we were under Di Canio.

Aye, of course we are in a better position than the start of last season, never said we weren't. Not sure why you're arguing that point as i thought that'd be obvious.

Fact is even Gus called the escape last season a miracle. Therefore unless we expect another miracle this year we should have done more / better in the transfer window.

Aye, of course we are in a better position than the start of last season, never said we weren't. Not sure why you're arguing that point as i thought that'd be obvious.

Fact is even Gus called the escape last season a miracle. Therefore unless we expect another miracle this year we should have done more / better in the transfer window.

With a better start to this season we won't need a miracle at the end of the season to survive. I thought that was obvious.

What's the point in having a rivalry, if you can't take the piss at your nearest and dearest? Honestly man, some of our fans seem to be more concerned at what the Mags think, than anything else. In case you forgot, they were singing songs about organising a party if we got relegated. If you think we're small time, just take a gander at what those tits are doing every week, embarrassing themselves in front of the whole country.

With a better start to this season we won't need a miracle at the end of the season to survive. I thought that was obvious.

Like your confidence. 4D 1L out of 5, including a draw and loss to 2 promoted teams makes it hard for me to be like. Especially with the choices we have upfront i can't see this season being anything otherthan a huge struggle. Hopefully your right though and we have enough.

many wont agree, but Id much prefer the club to come out and say that their only short term targets are to survive in the top flight and to balance the books but once the latter has been achieved they will look to push on. Honest would be much more welcome than saying 'top ten finish' or what have you.

Have they any plan such as this in place? Or is the long term plan just survival?

Many on here said exactly this on 1st September. A £9m net spend and no goalscoring threat brought into a side who required (in the manger's own words) 'a miracle' to still be playing Premier League football is madness.

Unless anyone matches Johnson's double-figures we could be in a lot of trouble and it'll be exactly what the board deserve for their last two pre-seasons

No but it doesn't look good to opposition fans and gives the mags another reason to say we are obsessed.

We have three songs about Taylor. Do they have three about any of our reserves players? We have two or three about shearer. Do they sing about any of our players who have retired? Did they spend most of today singing about Poyet?

Fuck the black n white bastards man!
They are as obsessed with us as we are with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back