Sky offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is impossible

100mb/s broadband is impossible for many/most.

Surprise, surprise! Live chat for cancellations is down until 29th August. Will try one of the other live chat options.

I bet winback isn't down!

Dependent on the quality, Shirlee?

Obvioulsy, but you don't need 100mb/s even for official 4k streams, so your cheap alternatives will require about 4mb/s at most.

With a 100mbps line you are going to get a download speed of roughly 10mb/s, that means if you have a 30mbps line you will be downloading at roughly 3mb/s meaning the stream will utilise the majority if not all of your data. If you were to connect an additional device and begin using that it is possible that you will notice issues with your dodgy streams

I'd want my money back if I was paying for 100mpbs and only getting 3mb/s. Dodgy streams are about 4mb/s at most these days.

No point IMO.

I don't even bother opening the begging emails anymore. I don't miss it at all plus the hub was a big pile of steaming shite, it didn't reach half the house.
Each to there own but I've always been happy with sky never had a fault with them in over 10 years, I don't think you can beat sky for TV, virgin is awful

Best thing I ever did was ditch these kernts. Zgemma h2h is the way forward with the sky skin, the missus (no) is happy as it looks identical to sky. No more monthly payments for me.

IMO most of the pro sky posters are missing the point , doesn't matter whether you have 100mbps or you have skyQ and love it.
SKY DONT STREAM THE MATCHES THAT THE REST OF US ARE GETTING with other alternatives.
when i have 3 tellies on the go all streaming 3.00pms in HD , a sky subscriber paying 5x as much is watching geoff f***ing stelling. :lol::lol:
and am not even going to start on la liga, serie a . dutch,german , usa , a shit load of south american . all those matches I can watch , a sky subscriber can;t.

Best thing I ever did was ditch these kernts. Zgemma h2h is the way forward with the sky skin, the missus (no) is happy as it looks identical to sky. No more monthly payments for me.

Sky's EPG/Catch up is better IMO so I'll stick with that as long as it's free.

Not sure how long the zgemma will last, I'm amazed Sky hasn't turned them off yet.

Not sure how long the zgemma will last, I'm amazed Sky hasn't turned them off yet.
arse has fell out of the zgemma / satellite option , mines switched off never use it anymore .
Now that they have lost all HD , I have nee appetite to watch SD when i can get HD in IPTV.

arse has fell out of the zgemma / satellite option , mines switched off never use it anymore .
Now that they have lost all HD , I have nee appetite to watch SD when i can get HD in IPTV.

Yeah, no point for me too, I never watch any of the Sky channels, I have the original bundle just for recording/catch up.

until they can turn off the signal to all the old sky + boxes they cannot do anything to stop c/s. The problem with this is they have a lot of the older generation who don't like change and won't part with their older boxes so cannot stop it.

They managed to stop HD by phasing out the first lot of sky hd boxes as they were the only ones that you could set up c/s from.

Can still get it all in HD on virgin though if you are lucky enough to live in an area that gets it.

My missus cannot get away with the zgemma even with a sky skin so only have it as a backup for when I play the yearly game of cancelling sky until I get a decent offer.

I did just get sky q put in on Friday but that is getting took out as they lied to me about the price I would pay as well as the box crashing at least once a day which is resulting in things not recording . Footy and new epg looked good on it but not worth the extra for all the hassle it is causing.

until they can turn off the signal to all the old sky + boxes they cannot do anything to stop c/s. The problem with this is they have a lot of the older generation who don't like change and won't part with their older boxes so cannot stop it.

They can force them to part with them though, offer a free upgrade to them all and say they'll no longer work after a certain date then they turn them off, when they get a phone call with a "fault" and they replace them for free with a new box.

I'm guessing the cost involved must outweigh the projected lost earnings from piracy. They probably also realise pirates will just move to IPTV instead. They'll concentrate on value added things like catch up/box sets and hope that's enough.

For me, as long as they keep giving me free basic Sky TV then I've got zero interest in card sharing.

IMO most of the pro sky posters are missing the point , doesn't matter whether you have 100mbps or you have skyQ and love it.
SKY DONT STREAM THE MATCHES THAT THE REST OF US ARE GETTING with other alternatives.
when i have 3 tellies on the go all streaming 3.00pms in HD , a sky subscriber paying 5x as much is watching geoff f***ing stelling. :lol::lol:
and am not even going to start on la liga, serie a . dutch,german , usa , a shit load of south american . all those matches I can watch , a sky subscriber can;t.

some people you can't convert, no matter how much there going to save in £££ / better viewing.

its there money, let them pay £20 for a 4k film while I pay £9 for 90 days on real debrid & download 1 4k film / tv series a day / or so. 90 x £20 = £1800 :eek::eek:

I use jdownloader with real debrid, check it out mate, just enter your real debird details save you having to click all them links for each part of download

http://jdownloader.org/

4k film in 2 part's this morning 50gig+17gig, walk dog & when i get back BINGO , as jdownloader can restart from where it left off & not have to start again if it stops, also if you got say 60 links for a film for real debrid it can detect from clipboard & download them.

there you gan teaching an old dog new tricks :p:D

Didn't you ask for a sky discount code yesterday? :lol: For the record I think Kodi is shite and unreliable, sky is much more reliable and I would rather pay a little for a polished service than some sub standard scratter streaming shite

Didn't you ask for a sky discount code yesterday? :lol: For the record I think Kodi is shite and unreliable, sky is much more reliable and I would rather pay a little for a polished service than some sub standard scratter streaming shite

I download my stuff and play it off hard drive :p, does your sky box still go off in a storm :lol: I'd rather the money in my pocket rather than murdoch's :p keeping paying your bill's & he'll keep puting the prices up once a year.

I stream all the 3pm games , no buffer etc for £7 a month.

no i didn't mate and kodi has nothing to do with it , i dont need kodi ro watch PL football, how can sky be "much more reliable " for a bunch of games it doesn't even broadcast ?

some people you can't convert, no matter how much there going to save in £££ / better viewing.

its there money, let them pay £20 for a 4k film while I pay £9 for 90 days on real debrid & download 1 4k film / tv series a day / or so. 90 x £20 = £1800 :eek::eek:

I use jdownloader with real debrid, check it out mate, just enter your real debird details save you having to click all them links for each part of download

http://jdownloader.org/

4k film in 2 part's this morning 50gig+17gig, walk dog & when i get back BINGO , as jdownloader can restart from where it left off & not have to start again if it stops, also if you got say 60 links for a film for real debrid it can detect from clipboard & download them.

there you gan teaching an old dog new tricks :p:D
am goona have look at this mate cheers , is it newsgroups and not torrents ?
been arsing about all morning extracting shit loads of zips for downloaded torrents , sick of it.

100mb/s broadband is impossible for many/most.

I bet winback isn't down!

Obvioulsy, but you don't need 100mb/s even for official 4k streams, so your cheap alternatives will require about 4mb/s at most.

I'd want my money back if I was paying for 100mpbs and only getting 3mb/s. Dodgy streams are about 4mb/s at most these days.

No point IMO.

I assume you work in IT? Anal as ever :lol:

I assume you work in IT? Anal as ever :lol:

Not really mate, 100mb/s isn't 3mb/s whichever way you spin it. That would be daft. :lol:

been arsing about all morning extracting shit loads of zips for downloaded torrents , sick of it.

one click with winrar, or just watch in kodi without unzipping.

Or just use an auto unpack tool and let it do it's stuff on your download folder without any intervention from you.

Not really mate, 100mb/s isn't 3mb/s whichever way you spin it. That would be daft. :lol:

Yes really mate, I can smell them a mile off ;).

I think you or I have misunderstood/explained as I never said 100mb/s = 3mb/s. I didn't mean "I was paying for 100mpbs and only getting 3mb/s", I was trying to explain the difference depending on your line and why 100mb is superior over a 30mb line?

If you use the best stream, which hypothetically we have set to 4mb/s, what would happen to a household with a 50mb line should the ginger step child connect his PS4 and iPad for gaming and content streaming?

Yes really mate, I can smell them a mile off ;).

I think you or I have misunderstood/explained as I never said 100mb/s = 3mb/s. I didn't mean "I was paying for 100mpbs and only getting 3mb/s", I was trying to explain the difference depending on your line and why 100mb is superior over a 30mb line?

If you use the best stream, which hypothetically we have set to 4mb/s, what would happen to a household with a 50mb line should the ginger step child connect his PS4 and iPad for gaming and content streaming?

You'd still have 46mb to play with so nowt of note.

I think you might be confused.

am goona have look at this mate cheers , is it newsgroups and not torrents ?

no, you know when you enter links into real debrid , you enter them into this & it'll download them & then extract file also. so say for a film with 10 klinks on realbebrid you got to genrate & click 10 links or whatever then extract, this does it in 1 job.

so some 4k films are 60 links and jdownloader does it all for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back