Sky offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you negotiate a discount on your TV already or not?
When I was on the phone last week to try and push for a deal which included adding sports back on to my package, they claimed that the regular team couldn't do anything about the costs for Sky Q. They gave me an £85 credit note and 20% off my subs for a year, so I'll actually be -£25 for my installation costs.

When I was on the phone last week to try and push for a deal which included adding sports back on to my package, they claimed that the regular team couldn't do anything about the costs for Sky Q. They gave me an £85 credit note and 20% off my subs for a year, so I'll actually be -£25 for my installation costs.

Are you tied into a contract?

I just got a 'point of sale only' offer of £60 for installation of Sky Q Silver with multi room. There is no increase in monthly cost for UHD either.

This is by far the best offer I've had.

I've told him I'd like a call back at 5pm. Now I have to decide whether to push it a little further and ask for the same deal as new customers which is £20 I think.
Is that for 1 box and 1 mini?

While I was out in town earlier, I stopped off at one of those Sky Rep kiosks to enquire about Sky Q as was a bit confused by some of the quotes I was getting online. From what I can understand he told me that even though I have to pay for the installation fee, in the long run it would be cheaper as my monthly bill would work out £7 less a month and Sky will be responsible for upkeep and replacement if anything goes wrong.

For those of you who already have decided to get Sky Q and have it, is that right?

While I was out in town earlier, I stopped off at one of those Sky Rep kiosks to enquire about Sky Q as was a bit confused by some of the quotes I was getting online. From what I can understand he told me that even though I have to pay for the installation fee, in the long run it would be cheaper as my monthly bill would work out £7 less a month and Sky will be responsible for upkeep and replacement if anything goes wrong.

For those of you who already have decided to get Sky Q and have it, is that right?

Sky Q is an extra £12 per month all being equal. I'm guessing these sales people have the power to discount your TV package so if you haven't got a deal yet they can add one and add the £12 to that.

They deduct some of your subs by £12 but then add it back on as multi room making the cost the same. They've renamed their packages anarl just to confuse matters further. Apparently. Now have the 'box set' package plus sports, which was news to me.

Sky Q is an extra £12 per month all being equal. I'm guessing these sales people have the power to discount your TV package so if you haven't got a deal yet they can add one and add the £12 to that.

That's the thing that was confusing me, the way he explained it to me was if I already have as multiroom subscription, then that £12 charge wouldn't apply if I went for the 2TB minibox deal, would only pay the initial installation charge of £145, which I thought was a bit steep.

Your posts are there to be seen, no point back tracking now. You simply don't need a 100MB line for any dodgy stream. Even the higest quality 4k streams on netflix etc are way way lower than that.
Honestly man :lol: fair enough I got bits and bytes wrong, can we now establish whether you are taking the piss or you genuinely have a broom up your arse?

A 100Mbps line would be adequate for streaming, gaming, and the use of multiple devices. A 100MB line would be extortionate.

Your quoting file size in megabytes whereas line speed is done in megabits. This was probably started by ISPs wanting us all to presumes the B stood for bytes
You're not wrong but having realised the error I corrected it, I can see the confusion it has caused. "Run a speedtest then download a 100mb file and report your findings, I suspect speedtest will tell you that your line is 30Mbps whilst as you say you can download files at 3MB/s"

Last edited:
Did you negotiate a discount on your TV already or not?
Yeah I said ^ 20% off total subs, so I've got entertainment, including Discovery etc, Sports and Sky Q Silver plus a second box for -£25 (£85 credit note and £60 upfront costs) and subs of £70pm tied into 12 month contract.

Streaming services like Amazon tend to target that as the ideal minimum, others say as low as 6mbps such as Sky catchup
Yep. For two HD pirate streams at once etc you really need about 10mb/s. Add on gaming etc in a busy household and you're looking at maybe twice that. 100mb, as nice as it may be, is over kill for nearly everything currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back