Should Sunderland fans be envious of Newcastle United’s transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoyed that article, didn't think I would...

"That was when CNN reported: “Mbemba was registered by his two first Congolese clubs as being born in 1988, according to documents obtained by CNN. Yet for a Cup of Nations qualifier in June 2011, his year of birth was listed as November 30, 1991.

Meanwhile, the birth date recorded by his Belgian club Anderlecht is August 8, 1994

Just to complicate matters, Mbemba himself, thinks he was born in 1990

Mbemba, 20, 23, 25 or 27 wants the move too." :lol: :lol:

Like the man says - nobody knows if the players they've signed are any good or not. We'll just have to wait and see if we should we be jealous.

Agree totally. We've been awful at the back for years now and (next to) fuck all's been done about it.
I guess you have signed Mbemba and he comes with a good reputation but he's very inexperienced (regardless of his real age ;) ) for that position and it's a huge risk.

Regardless of what them up the road do I will never be envious of them. I am, have always been and always will be a SUNDERLAND supporter. FTM

Of course everyone will say "no" - but when WE were first linked to Winjaldum, the desperation was embarrassing - "he'll be the best midfielder we've ever had", etc.
Mitrovic and Winjaldum have the potential to be better than anyone we've signed in years - although few will now admit it - and it's time serious questions were asked of our recruitment policy...

Lens is rated the same as Wijnaldum on Fifa ( I know I know, but it's a neutral observation)

I guess you have signed Mbemba and he comes with a good reputation but he's very inexperienced (regardless of his real age ;) ) for that position and it's a huge risk.

Again, can't disagree with any of that. He appears to be highly rated but plenty of highly rated players just haven't done it in the PL. Jury is out until they've played at least 20 games.

Enjoyed that article, didn't think I would...

"That was when CNN reported: “Mbemba was registered by his two first Congolese clubs as being born in 1988, according to documents obtained by CNN. Yet for a Cup of Nations qualifier in June 2011, his year of birth was listed as November 30, 1991.

Meanwhile, the birth date recorded by his Belgian club Anderlecht is August 8, 1994

Just to complicate matters, Mbemba himself, thinks he was born in 1990

Mbemba, 20, 23, 25 or 27 wants the move too." :lol: :lol:

I liked the last line....

"It would be a dream come true for the player to join a Premier League club. He would think it was his birthday, or at least one of them."

Judging by the comments, I still don't think people have actually read the article and just presumed its content

Envious of the fact they seem to have more money to spend than us, but there's no guarantees their signings will be any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back