Should Sunderland fans be envious of Newcastle United’s transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article read like a post from here. That's why I said it was poor, not an assumption that it was saying we should be jealous of them.

I have said before and ill say again that I think Newcastle's transfer policy is probably the one that I would choose however the 2 that they have brought, I don't think are sure things. I'm unconvinced by Wij, he is someone who always threatened to be class but hasn't achieved it and the Striker whilst I think he is defiantly a risk worth taking, I'm not sure the mags are the place he should of gone to further his career.

And to clarify what my opinion is worth, I thought they had a bought well last season.

Of course everyone will say "no" - but when WE were first linked to Winjaldum, the desperation was embarrassing - "he'll be the best midfielder we've ever had", etc.
Mitrovic and Winjaldum have the potential to be better than anyone we've signed in years - although few will now admit it - and it's time serious questions were asked of our recruitment policy...

You've obviously not been on here for the last 10 years .......... the subject gets a minimum of one thread a week every week :lol:

I heard they only signed Mbemba so that Papiss would have someone to share document doctoring tips with.

I think Winjaldum is a brilliant signing for them. However, if he performs then Ashely will peddle him at the very first opportunity.

They have had more investment so it's a yes from me. They have spent £10 million+ on two players and we haven't done that on one. Anyone staying otherwise is bitter and lying. Sorry but it's the truth.

Well they've spent less than us over the past few seasons so will have more FFP headroom to spend now.
Mind you spending the cash is one thing. Spending it well another. Just ask QPR, Spurs or Liverpool...

Or us I suppose. ...

They have had more investment so it's a yes from me. They have spent £10 million+ on two players and we haven't done that on one. Anyone staying otherwise is bitter and lying. Sorry but it's the truth.

I'll wait for the window to close before I decide how I feel ......... anyone who doesn't is speculating.

I expect Newcastle to lose a couple of players and they already have a ropey squad.

Signing 2 or 3 players doesn't make a huge difference to a squad that avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

I'll wait for the window to close before I decide how I feel ......... anyone who doesn't is speculating.

I expect Newcastle to lose a couple of players and they already have a ropey squad.

Signing 2 or 3 players doesn't make a huge difference to a squad that avoided relegation on the last day of the season.
Signing 2 or 3 quality players is normally better than bringing in 7 or 8... See di canios signings and what they have done. Nothing.
I do agree though we should wait until the end of the window but as it stands they have invested more.

Of course everyone will say "no" - but when WE were first linked to Winjaldum, the desperation was embarrassing - "he'll be the best midfielder we've ever had", etc.
Mitrovic and Winjaldum have the potential to be better than anyone we've signed in years - although few will now admit it - and it's time serious questions were asked of our recruitment policy...
Margarine boy liking this post.... What a surprise.

Yep. A player's price is always the first sign of a good transfer.

Logon or register to see this image

He was the lad that used to have a column in the footy echo wasn't he? I like his style and most of his articles are funny and well written as is this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back