Selling before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster?

Watched big spending Newcastle & Hull go down, watched us walk out at Wembley and brought in a top manager like Advocaat.

I'll take a few more disasters like that tbh.
Easily pleased mate....While I sit here envious of smaller clubs who have been in the top flight for a few years kicking on......palace, saints, stoke, West ham etc.

Is a risky business when you already have a piss poor team.

Ellis's naivety in running a football club is scary!

i am not usually one to call anyone but this is a stupid post...consider the FFP before posting something like this and looking for a nibble then you wont appear as...well, let's just say 'stupid' for want of a better word.

i am not usually one to call anyone but this is a stupid post...consider the FFP before posting something like this and looking for a nibble then you wont appear as...well, let's just say 'stupid' for want of a better word.
Has anyone been fined yet under ffp.....or points deducted, must have missed that one.

Easily pleased mate....While I sit here envious of smaller clubs who have been in the top flight for a few years kicking on......palace, saints, stoke, West ham etc.

Palace kicking on?

West Ham were shite until last season.

What have Stoke done, they lost as many games as we did last season ffs.

When were they last in a cup final?

Has anyone been fined yet under ffp.....or points deducted, must have missed that one.

as far as i can recall, only two teams have 'gone over the limit' and we will never know by how much (whether that makes a difference i am also unsure) but being sunderland and not one of the big 6 i prefer it if we do not take the chance as we would be made the scapegoat.

as far as i can recall, only two teams have 'gone over the limit' and we will never know by how much (whether that makes a difference i am also unsure) but being sunderland and not one of the big 6 i prefer it if we do not take the chance as we would be made the scapegoat.
Ok fair enough, but I personally think that because Ellis was one of the main instigators of ffp then he is following it more than owners of clubs in similar positions to ourselves.

They were promoted 2 years ago and are now miles ahead of us.

Yes, miles ahead of us ........ despite losing at home to us and losing 2 more games than us last season :lol:

Didn't they also lose at home to Hull & West Brom in the last third of the season?

and losing 2 more games than us last season :lol:
Was having a decent debate until this....ridiculous point considering they finished top 10 and won 6 more games than us....and like I said it was their 2nd season back in the top flight.

Palace kicking on?

West Ham were shite until last season.

What have Stoke done, they lost as many games as we did last season ffs.

When were they last in a cup final?

Stoke were in a cup final in 2011. They have done well and certainly progressed last season.
Agree re: West Ham. We have stalled in terms of progression but it'll only take a couple of good players to change that.

Was having a decent debate until this....ridiculous point considering they finished top 10 and won 6 more games than us....and like I said it was their 2nd season back in the top flight.

How is it ridiculous to say a club who've 'left us miles behind' lost more games than us.

If they've left us miles behind how did they lose 3-1 to us at home?

Stoke were in a cup final in 2011. They have done well and certainly progressed last season.
Agree re: West Ham. We have stalled in terms of progression but it'll only take a couple of good players to change that.

They've just sold their two best players and signed Shay Given :neutral:

How is it ridiculous to say a club who've 'left us miles behind' lost more games than us.

Cos they are about the only team in the Prem that hasn't won in 5 consecutive league visits to the SOL.

In recent years that's a fckin awful stat to hold.

They've just sold their two best players and signed Shay Given :neutral:
True, they might be shite this season but on the whole they've done well in recent years and progressed last season.
We've underperformed for a while albeit probably only by three or four places.

In august 2014 when they had a joke of a manger??

It is easy to set up a team to play for 0-0 draws....which is why we ended up with 17. Surely you should take total points into account instead of games lost....like I said ridiculous point.

Ok fair enough, but I personally think that because Ellis was one of the main instigators of ffp then he is following it more than owners of clubs in similar positions to ourselves.

would agree on this point 100%.
i see your original point though, in a way, it seems to us that other teams are signing players left right and centre with no effort and to our eyes must be paying top wages to attract them...the more i hear of this FFP the more i wonder wtf it is meant to be about, they either punish teams for 'breaking the rules' or it is not worth having in place and sometimes i wish we would just push the boat out and bend the rules just a wee bit and buy a player we need then try to sell (or even give them away to get the wage side sorted) rather than waiting till we get rid first.

They were promoted 2 years ago and are now miles ahead of us.

not too sure this rings true to be honest...basically what we are talking about is 3 or 4 more wins per season...with all our draws we could/should have managed that, the likes of hull who were dreadful until they came to the SoL proves we shot ourselves in the foot more often than not and the real difference is quite minimal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back