Selling before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, I have calmed down a bit and admit I am a bit of a Dick. However I am vry concerned with how the club is being ran. Every time we survive by the skin of our teeth I think surely they will have learnt their lesson and we are going to try and get some quality in early.

I especially thought this would be the case in light of Dick's u-turn, however 1 week before the season starts we have arguably bought only 1 player who will definitely be in the starting 11 next week. Add to that we are selling a 22 year striker who can also play on the left, and could have a forward line of Graham, defoe, fletcher.

Teams and agents will know we are f***ing desperate now and will have our eyes out again for more shite.

If the signings of Gyan, Bent, Wickham have shown....signing quality that other clubs are after is less than a risk than buying shite for 2-3 million that no one else wants. We have made profits on all of these, not even accounting for the millions they saved us by keeping us up.

Big week for Congers. ...just hope he delivers what he promised Dick.

Similar to how clubs have a new manager lined up before sacking their current one, hopefully we will be ready to pull the trigger on a target ASAP. That would make sense, but you'd never know with the current set up.

Yes, after all his years at Sunderland you can still run rings round him :lol:
Surely after nearly a decade in the top flight we should not be in a relegation struggle every season...having to sack our manager every year to survive......This is shocking in my eyes.

Surely after nearly a decade in the top flight we should not be in a relegation struggle every season...having to sack our manager every year to survive......This is shocking in my eyes.

I believe this is now all being addressed ......... if you don't then that's your business.

However, I'm not in the position to call a billionaire naive unlike yourself.

Full Sunday name William. I like it :lol:
No acknowledgement of me being correct in this instance then..........;)
Because we happen to have sold a player does not mean you were right at all and I think it is childish of you to make the claim.
We have been told that we needed to get players off the wage bill but the money was there for new purchases and was not dependant on us selling first. As it happens we sell Wickham so just maybe we have more money now for new purchases.
You claiming any credit is laughable.

I believe this is now all being addressed ......... if you don't then that's your business.

However, I'm not in the position to call a billionaire naive unlike yourself.
Amazing business man... but a disaster in charge of a prem club with 5th highest average attendance in england and almost a decade in the top flight.

How come we are averaging more than a manager a season since he took over?

Amazing business man... but a disaster in charge of a prem club with 5th highest average attendance in england and almost a decade in the top flight.

How come we are averaging more than a manager a season since he took over?

Disaster?

Watched big spending Newcastle & Hull go down, watched us walk out at Wembley and brought in a top manager like Advocaat.

I'll take a few more disasters like that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back