Selling before buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reports of a 13m Euro bid for Sow may well have been the attempt to agree a fee on a replacement before his club got news we now have an extra £10m

Is a risky business when you already have a piss poor team.

Ellis's naivety in running a football club is scary!
I've criticised him for plenty, but on this, I don't see it as much of a risk, because I don't think he'll have done it without a pretty clear rout forwards. He is a businessman, and whilst his football calls have often been poor, risk management is something he'll know plenty about.

Is a risky business when you already have a piss poor team.

Ellis's naivety in running a football club is scary!

.. it's not like we didn't need to get rid of at least one of our highly prolific strikers .. you in Ellis's office at the moment then ..

Who do we have that people would actually want for decent money? Pantilimon, Van Aanholt, Cattermole, maybe Larsson. Adam Johnson if he isn't convicted of sex crimes. And Wickham.

We've done such a miserable job at buying people who can retain any kind of transfer value. O'Shea and Defoe are old. Fletcher and Graham are mediocre at their absolute best, and they're just going to ride out their contracts. Emanuele Giaccherini, a player you'd think would be desperately fighting for a place here, is now fat. Jack Rodwell's the right age but he's a disaster of a player, much worse than Wickham, and we have to "sort him out." Poor Ricky's face is on the walls at two training grounds with instructions to not let him in.

Selling Wickham isn't anything to celebrate, it's a sign of where we are and the mistakes we've made in the past.

We are selling a player for more than we paid, who is on £60k pw and has scored 1 in 7 in his time here.

If we can bring in two quality players now then it's the deal of the century

We don't need Wickham though, so it's no great shakes. Our team won't suffer...bar one very short decent spell he's done nowt (other than some appreciated hard graft) and Fletcher is a better player.

Whickham was a better player than Fletcher last night i can assure you and he wasn't even on the pitch, Fletcher is a conman as far as center forwards go.

Dick must have cast-iron replacement coming in or this won't happen, Fletcher and Graham must be on thin ice now if we are prepared to sell someone with some potential
What potential? Big Strong, no football brain whatsoever and little commitment. 50K a week. Good business.

What potential? Big Strong, no football brain whatsoever and little commitment. 50K a week. Good business.

So you think an old man, a drunken Scotsman and a guy who would struggle to get in Seaham Red Stars side have more than enough, bring back Whickham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back