Scariest horror films? Ring? Grudge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The original version of "The Haunting". Spooky stuff.
Film adaptation of 'The Haunting of Hill House' by Shirley Jackson. The following extract from the first paragraph is as spooky and creepy as anything I've ever read:

"Hill House, not sane, stood by itself against its hills, holding darkness within; it had stood for eighty years and might stand for eighty more. Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone."

The last half-dozen words really do haunt you.

Suspiria creeps me out and I'm ashamed to say I've never watched it all the way through. The music and bright colour visuals are so unsettling I have to switch it off after 20 minutes!

Golden age of horror for me has to be the 70s and 80s. After that it's all been done before. Rare exceptions being Blair Witch Project and The Ring. You can argue even they borrow from past horror classics.

Suspiria creeps me out and I'm ashamed to say I've never watched it all the way through. The music and bright colour visuals are so unsettling I have to switch it off after 20 minutes!

I guess that means you've not seen the two sequels either, then?

It's creepy and watchable. Found myself hating the kid at the start and then feeling sorry for him by the end!

Aye that kid is annoying but the woman plays an excellent part. I felt shattered myself just watching her

Film adaptation of 'The Haunting of Hill House' by Shirley Jackson. The following extract from the first paragraph is as spooky and creepy as anything I've ever read:

"Hill House, not sane, stood by itself against its hills, holding darkness within; it had stood for eighty years and might stand for eighty more. Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone."

The last half-dozen words really do haunt you.

No offence but I've seen episodes of scooby-do more scarier than that mind

Last edited:
Embarrassing if any grown man gets scared by a horror film like.

Candyman, Hellraiser, & Crimewatch shit me up as a kid like.
Agree. Very embarrassing. I'll get round to watching Suspiria all the way through one of these days. Seen a lot worse over the years - never recovered from seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the age of 10 in the early 80s! I do find Suspiria totally unsettling, that f***ing music is totally of the time.

Agree. Very embarrassing. I'll get round to watching Suspiria all the way through one of these days. Seen a lot worse over the years - never recovered from seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the age of 10 in the early 80s! I do find Suspiria totally unsettling, that f***ing music is totally of the time.

American Werewolf In London at the age of six was my awakening to the classic horror flick.

Ruined my childhood for about three years but is still one of my personal faves.

And always will be.

Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back