Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try some interval training. Running hard for a defined period with rest in between; eg. 4x5minute runs with 90 secs rest between each or 10x2mins with 75 secs rest. If you train on a track sub the time for distance, eg. 4x1mile or 16 x 400m.

Pyramids is good one too . . 1min, 2min, 3min, 4min, 5min, 4min, 3min, 2min, 1min.

Try to find a route that's fairly flat so you don't end up doing one effort up a hill. I train on an industrial estate normally.

Try to do two sessions a week doing this sort of stuff, mixing up the distances a bit. . . you'll feel the benefit.

There's a fair bit on the net about this, search interval training or fartlek.

good luck

Do you run flat out for these periods? Doing 7 m/m at park runs,tempo pace for my half marathon training is 7:24

Do you run flat out for these periods? Doing 7 m/m at park runs,tempo pace for my half marathon training is 7:24
I tend to run mine flat out. . .though I think the standard advice for this sort of training is to run each effort hard enough so you can recover well in the rest period and run the next one as hard. . If that makes sense :eek: I've never quite mastered it yet :)

I tend to run mine flat out. . .though I think the standard advice for this sort of training is to run each effort hard enough so you can recover well in the rest period and run the next one as hard. . If that makes sense :eek: I've never quite mastered it yet :)

Canny.Will give it a gan.

parkrun the morra! done loads of powerwalking this week to sort me legs out - hopefully get sub 24mins tomorrow
hopefully without a hangover

6 weeks off from training. Returning with a parkrun tomorrow, then hopefully training will kick in properly. All geared towards Brighton marathon. Hoping hip has cleared up by now. Appetite for it is back.

Good luck to anyone running XC this afternoon up Morpeth . Did 3 loops of Farringdon fields this morning, just a steady pace , was slipping all over so can only imagine how boggy it'll be with 300 racers , my thoughts be with you when in the Warm pubs

Good luck to anyone running XC this afternoon up Morpeth . Did 3 loops of Farringdon fields this morning, just a steady pace , was slipping all over so can only imagine how boggy it'll be with 300 racers , my thoughts be with you when in the Warm pubs
300? There were over 500 men in Durham xc! You have juniors and women before them too.

had a shocker of a park run this morning, came so close to just giving up!! got so much support from everyone though so the fact that i mainly walked it doesn't bother me too much. awful time though :(

Got round the parkrun this morning but was hard work, especially with the mud underfoot. Hoping to get some good training in the next few weeks before xmas. Hip felt better, but hamstring still not quite right -- can manage it as long as I don't do any speedwork.

On a different subject, has anyone done The Wall? Am thinking about it for 2016...

Ran the parkrun in a canny time of 21:17 I've been suffering from a cold but strangely felt quite strong even with a naughty little head wind on the sprint finish

I was tail running, the guy not with the pram.

ah, i remember now! was talking with you for a while :) that was a shocker for me, don't know what was up with me but the beer tenters cheered me into a sprint finish hahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back