Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingbant1

Someone had to start one so why not me.

This year I'm doing my 1st ultra in June, Carlisle-Newcastle, 69 mile and my full training starts on Monday. Yesterday I went 6k and today I've just gone 10.7k in 1hr 3mins. Feeling good and ready for a good years running. Good luck in everyone's running and goals for the year...

Been out and done just over 10k in 56 minutes around Horden, Peterlee and Easington this afternoon. Running down Easington front street is a good place to get your breath back mind you it was a hard slog from the Easington colliery back towards Horden in the wind

First run of the new year today and it was a bit of a struggle. Sadly 10 pints and a curry isn't really the fuel of champions and I decided to stop at 4 miles.

I'm quite tempted to sign up for the Loch Ness Marathon. Anyone on here done it before?

I'm going through a bit of a transition in my running this winter. I'm trying to run on my forefoot rather than my heels to reduce risk of injury. I'm slowly building up the distance I can do on my forefoot. Just at about 2.5k now. Its frustrating but for the best.

Slow recovery from Achilles, can only run on grass at moment on a set programme by physio, hoping to pick it up by end of Jan. sick of running round a football pitch. !!
Only thing I've ran in 2014 is the bath

First bit of exercise (5-a-side) for over 2 weeks. Felt like I've gettin asthma or something. Proper wheezing. :oops:

Hardmoors 30 ultra marathon yesterday....Just under 5 hours in the worst conditions I have ever run in....Thick mud, crazy wind and monsoon rain all day.....Bit of hypothermia but apart from that all good. :cool:

First run of new year today, steady seven miles with the club including 16 x 1 min bursts. No races lined up until the wrekenton cross country (early February). Might have to find something in January as I'm getting the itch for a race

First run of new year today, steady seven miles with the club including 16 x 1 min bursts. No races lined up until the wrekenton cross country (early February). Might have to find something in January as I'm getting the itch for a race
What club you in mate ?

did 3k today after doing a long run(for me)yesterday, will repeat tomorrow then its the parkrun on sat with a new age grade 45-49 god im getting old:/

Apart from the local parkruns, my other organised runs this year are the North Tyneside 10k, Sunderland half, and the GNR, as well as many club competitions including the Durham relays on the 12th

Got many members like marra

Useful site for those who like to race

http://www.northeastraces.com/
100 plus apparently, though there's a bit of a split between those who want to race and those who want slower social trecks so I only ever see the same 10 to 20 faces.

Cheers for link, club are likely entering the durham relays so will hopefully do that. Quite fancy that little 5k round Cowper bewley on 19th too

100 plus apparently, though there's a bit of a split between those who want to race and those who want slower social trecks so I only ever see the same 10 to 20 faces.

Cheers for link, club are likely entering the durham relays so will hopefully do that. Quite fancy that little 5k round Cowper bewley on 19th too

We are trying to grow ours at the moment. Only been going a year or so and we have 10-12 regulars although that can change with people (like me) who work shifts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/509915345725518/

2nd 10k jog of the year today, ploded 1st one in 50mins and today in 48mins, nice and slow going to do this for 2 weeks just to build a base and then increase the mileage as the weeks go on

8.6k this morning. 16.1 miles for the year so far. Day off tomorrow and another 10k on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back