Reading - 6 Point Deduction Due

Another case of we will show these bastards. We will dock them points and punish the only people who care the fans and possibly the staff. While basically the wanker who has passed all of the stringent EFL checks pretty much goes unpunished as he’s already declared through negligence he doesn’t give a shit- great system

Another case of we will show these bastards. We will dock them points and punish the only people who care the fans and possibly the staff. While basically the wanker who has passed all of the stringent EFL checks pretty much goes unpunished as he’s already declared through negligence he doesn’t give a shit- great system
Spot on this. I think I wrote this on here before - I am no Reading fan, but after the last punishment meted out to the fans for the EFL allowing Yongge to fuck them over, I emailed the EFL telling them what I thought of them, and got a response!

"Hello Peter,
Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you getting in touch.
The EFL acknowledges that it has been a difficult period of time for Reading supporters and understand the frustration amongst the fanbase.
As you may have seen, on Monday 15 January, the EFL released a statement, which is available to view on our website here, following confirmation that Mr Dai did not meet the latest deadline to fund the deposit account as ordered. It is noted within the statement that “the continued failings mean that once again the Club’s hardworking staff have no reassurance as to the payment of wages and demonstrates a clear disregard for his obligations as a director or the Club. In respect of this issue, the League will now consider all available options it has under the Regulations and will have no hesitation in bringing further charges against Mr Dai.”
Mr Dai is, however, the shareholder of what is a limited company and unfortunately nobody can force a sale on him. That said there have been some encouraging noises coming out the Club in this past week and it appears there is movement and a commitment to move the Club into new ownership.
Thank you for contacting the EFL."

A mealy mouthed response which didn't address me accusing them of complicity by allowing Yongge to buy a club in the UK after there was freely available evidence that he'd destroyed two other clubs in Europe previously, but a response of sorts. I suspect the response was a cut and paste job, really.

on the positive side, the bloke in charge of working through prospective new owners bids and sending over the ones to Dai Yongge which meet his criteria, says one bid looks to meet everything and has been sent over, and there are still others they are working through and could send over to him too

same thing was said last autumn though of course and that turned out to be nonsense, at least this time its a long time RFC person working through them and speaking to the fans, rather than one of Dai's men

Last edited:
Spot on this. I think I wrote this on here before - I am no Reading fan, but after the last punishment meted out to the fans for the EFL allowing Yongge to fuck them over, I emailed the EFL telling them what I thought of them, and got a response!

"Hello Peter,
Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you getting in touch.
The EFL acknowledges that it has been a difficult period of time for Reading supporters and understand the frustration amongst the fanbase.
As you may have seen, on Monday 15 January, the EFL released a statement, which is available to view on our website here, following confirmation that Mr Dai did not meet the latest deadline to fund the deposit account as ordered. It is noted within the statement that “the continued failings mean that once again the Club’s hardworking staff have no reassurance as to the payment of wages and demonstrates a clear disregard for his obligations as a director or the Club. In respect of this issue, the League will now consider all available options it has under the Regulations and will have no hesitation in bringing further charges against Mr Dai.”
Mr Dai is, however, the shareholder of what is a limited company and unfortunately nobody can force a sale on him. That said there have been some encouraging noises coming out the Club in this past week and it appears there is movement and a commitment to move the Club into new ownership.
Thank you for contacting the EFL."

A mealy mouthed response which didn't address me accusing them of complicity by allowing Yongge to buy a club in the UK after there was freely available evidence that he'd destroyed two other clubs in Europe previously, but a response of sorts. I suspect the response was a cut and paste job, really.
Corporate piffle! Trying to tie people in knots instead of saying we have no clue what this charlatan has or is upto. But we are not letting the club get away with this individuals actions.

Football a sport of high entertainment for 100s of years is starting to become an unwatchable product on the pitch and an absolute political minefield due to its own greed and stupidity. All of it stinks. I pray it’s never Sunderland in this hole but once it’s left the hands of a local or even individual from its own country this is a danger

Corporate piffle! Trying to tie people in knots instead of saying we have no clue what this charlatan has or is upto. But we are not letting the club get away with this individuals actions.

Football a sport of high entertainment for 100s of years is starting to become an unwatchable product on the pitch and an absolute political minefield due to its own greed and stupidity. All of it stinks. I pray it’s never Sunderland in this hole but once it’s left the hands of a local or even individual from its own country this is a danger
Exactly. I won't post my email to the EFL as it's a bit rant-y but the gist of it was they should be ashamed of themselves for hammering the Reading FC fans to cover up their own culpability. To come back and say 'well he's the main shareholder of a limited company', ie; "not our fault, we can't be blamed!" is pathetic.

No love lost here where Reading are concerned, but to keep docking them points seems a bit strong.

Good luck getting any fine out of Young.
Rick Parry about a month ago. "Frankly, fining Dai Yongge is of no use at all — if he’s not putting money into the club, he’s not going to pay fines.”

So they today they fine him £100,000.
Like you say good luck getting that.

I genuinely don't think the EFL know what to do with us. On one hand they urge Dai Yongge to sell at the earliest opportunity on the other they are doing their hardest to make us a less attractive proposition.

I understand they can't do nothing in fairness to other clubs. They can't or won't remove him as an owner. And who knows what the consequences of that would be anyway. Fines are pointless so point deductions seems all they have left.

A statement from Mr Dai Yongge and CEO Dayong Pang
Mr Dai, is currently evaluating every option at present to secure sufficient funding until new ownership is confirmed. In doing so, he is open to the sale of Bearwood Park, should an appropriate offer be received.
Whilst dialogue with potential new ownership groups are progressing, as of today no single party has been granted exclusivity. Mr Dai, and representatives, will continue to liaise with interested parties and hope to move forwards at the earliest possible opportunity.
Further communication with substantive developments will come as appropriate.

Asset stripping.

Sadly its what has been feared, and predicted, by the fans.
Thankfully
Thankfully it wouldn't be an easy piece of land to sell

Last edited:
16 games in they were on just 7 points, 10 points adrift of safety.

Now they are on 50 points and are safe from relegation.

Ruben Selles has done a massively impressive job this season. Its been fascinating watch him learn as a coach throughout the season. Really struggled early on and they were just awful to watch, along with players being sold on the cheap in January, but the tactics and formations have completely changed over the past few months, a big team spirit is clearly there, and with it results and performances have been brilliant.

Back