Reading - 6 Point Deduction Due

No sign of it being applied yet and it appears to have gone quiet.

Am I being cynical in thinking the EFL will hold off as long as possible in the hope that Reading will be safe so when they do eventually apply the penalty it will make no difference?

If they were to get it this week as was initially reported, they would be only 3 points clear and in massive trouble with 8 games to go.

What a financial mess the Championship is.

leaves them only 3pts from safety, looking like Wigan and 2 from Huddersfield, Blackpool, Cardiff & Reading, maybe Rotherham. Would like Blackpool to stay up out of that lot just for the away day.

Last edited:
Anyone who starts next season on 0 points must be deemed favourites, everyone is going to be minimum of -3 points at this rate

FA Cup run will keep the wolves from the door.

They'll be promoted, therefore out of the EFL remit and when they come back down again in 2024/2025 will have the parachute payments to all but guarantee them to rinse and repeat and do it all over again.

Same as Wigan did, its a complete joke these fuckers just playing the system, did I hear rumours about West Brom also

What about Sheffield United

I can't see administrators/creditors going after the money they owe until they know if they're in this league or the Premier. Wait until Premier they'll get all the money back, go for it now and they might only get a fraction of it back.
I admit I have zero idea of how this all works but if I was owed money by them I'd wait it out first

Coming within 48 hours according to Ince.

Going to make things really interesting at the bottom, that.

Most people had Reading as nailed on to go down pre-season.

It seemed they'd done enough early doors to stay up but a 6 point deduction and 2 wins since December makes things extremely precarious now.

Fingers crossed, after the way they played up here that brand of football fits in well with league 1, so it should suit them

Back