Reading - 6 Point Deduction Due

How in God's name are a club in this much shit financing a Cat1 Academy? The cost of doing this is apparently why our owners are pumping in millions a year, even with good gates/TV money and not spaffing on transfers.
They might well find themselves wound up or at least relegated to the fourth level.. with a Cat1 Academy!

How in God's name are a club in this much shit financing a Cat1 Academy? The cost of doing this is apparently why our owners are pumping in millions a year, even with good gates/TV money and not spaffing on transfers.
They might well find themselves wound up or at least relegated to the fourth level.. with a Cat1 Academy!

Exactly this.
They have been over spending for years and no surprises as to where they are now as was just a case of when.

Am I right in thinking that RFC are effectively being punished for poor financial management? Whilst it’s about the pitch invasion of their supporters a lot of their frustrations and the clubs previous punishments were due in no small part to their inability to manage their finances?

If so it makes a mockery of the sport that one can get punished for being rich and another can get punished for being poor at the same time.

Beat Derby last night, 1 loss in the last 8 games, in the top half of the form table, just 5 points away from 14th place now

If they can make it through Jan without much more of their squad being sold then they have a real chance of staying up

The fact the owner had driven 2 clubs into the ground before taking over Reading and it was allowed to happen, shows how utterly pointless the EFL high ups are/were.

I've heard that its changed a bit now but still nothing appears to be changing

The fact the owner had driven 2 clubs into the ground before taking over Reading and it was allowed to happen, shows how utterly pointless the EFL high ups are/were.

I've heard that its changed a bit now but still nothing appears to be changing
I live near Reading, and have no fondness for them as a club but when the EFL docked them points again for having a shit owner who THEY permitted to purchase the club in the first place, I felt suitably irked with the EFL in December to write them an email suggesting that they might want to help a club that matters to a lot of people in the community, rather than doing nothing to punish the crap owner.

I was astonished this week when I got a reply from someone called Niamh at the EFL, however it was a load of mealy mouthed fluff about it's not their fault Dai Yongge is a twat and they were doing all they could etc etc. It was like a speech from Sunak - a million words signifying nothing.

A glimmer of hope of staying up after last night but whatever happens to us I think we can share a loathing of this attention seeking twat🤬

I live near Reading, and have no fondness for them as a club but when the EFL docked them points again for having a shit owner who THEY permitted to purchase the club in the first place, I felt suitably irked with the EFL in December to write them an email suggesting that they might want to help a club that matters to a lot of people in the community, rather than doing nothing to punish the crap owner.

I was astonished this week when I got a reply from someone called Niamh at the EFL, however it was a load of mealy mouthed fluff about it's not their fault Dai Yongge is a twat and they were doing all they could etc etc. It was like a speech from Sunak - a million words signifying nothing.
No surprise about the reply but thank you for your support 👏

Last edited:

Back